Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _uG TM
    explain how it would wreck the car?
    The fun factor, it will be all out drag with that in there.

Comment

if all of you have seen that little video clip that has to be the crazy wildest pull on a car i have ever seen and a street car at that. I would have to say it probably puts out a little more that 600hp.

Comment

the 4 age might not be a powerhouse but i beleve it can hold 300 hp

Comment

Sure whatever. go waste your money. But I warned you.

Comment

Well if you want to reach those numbers why dont you visit the Honda boards and talk to the guys running Turbo B16s, you may not have a Vtec setup, but the things they do to make there engines not blow up will be similar.

Comment

First thing you need to do is go to Club4ag.com. They are the BEST source of information on hachirokus on the web. Message boards for drag/drift and everything in between. Do you're homework here. Learn how to put the power to the ground or it's useless.

Engine wise, 300hp means you're gonna be pushing that little 1.6L really hard, so don't expect it to live a 100k mi life. The motor can handle 200hp with no sweat, maybe even 220, but if you want 300 reliable horsepower go with the 3sgte swap. According to club 4ag the 3sgte can handle 300hp reliably. Don't swap in a 2jz, it'll destroy the little hachi's weight distribuition, plus you'll get massive undesteer and wheelspin if you don't invest some serious money in your suspension. But a hachiroku can handle about 200hp with some simple bolt ons. My advice is keep it in the 200-300hp range: a 3sgte with a boost controller that will allow you to drive the car reliably at around 200hp and then crank it up to 300hp when you wanna drag race. 220-250 would probably be a good roadrace/drift power setting. Be sure to get some good tires and get a good suspension setup to handle the power.

Comment

sr20

Comment

3SGTE can do 400 for everyday if built right. 300 on stock internals. Ive seen 800+ out of them, 600 in JGTC cars.

Comment

Originally posted by MrodDrft
                    sr20
                    Blown F20C

Comment

I need a 3 rotor. That should do it.

Comment

k i havent read all of this, so dont flame me if some of it has been said.

but anyway. the GT3037s is a massive turbo, that is just right (if not to big) for a 2 liter. it is used mostly on BUILT evos and sr20s. it will be way to big for the little 1.6. and you mentioned a bov that spits the boost back into the manifold, thats not a new trick, its called a by-pass valve.

it seems that kids just dont understand that power isnt everything, and in my opinion, isnt even half of what makes a good/fast car. To make the most well rounded AE86 it seems is to build a 4age to be highcomp but N/A. it gives the best power to wieght ratio, and the right amount of power for the size of the car, especially for drifting and auto-x.

and yes, you CAN have too much power, especially if you are building a car for a specific type of competition or driving, or if you need any reliability at all.

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
                          explain how it would wreck the car?
                          Weight balance =\

Comment

man the only thing that i can say is .. thast the way it is just go and make real your dreams... spend tha mo foo money...

Comment

Working...
                            X