No announcement yet.

what engine should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh oh its getting a little personal in here... well with the engine choice.. i think its already been touched. i think you should do your hw and see what fits you best and your prioities. each engine has its ups and downs. ka's chain problems... sr and the smog laws... rb... ca...blah blah blah, the rotary sounds cool too! im a little towards the ka because of costs. money on tires! heh, though the sr sounds very tempting...

reasearch, get specs, look into the common problems of each, get opinions, and even see if you can try them out (ride in someone's car of maybe ask if you can drive it) its all up to you.. and maybe ur wallet too... lol

Comment

Yeah i know man, i didnt mean to be all offensive or whatnot.

Trust me this guy doesnt need anything but his KA for now! i soo soo agree.

i just thought you were on that so called bandwagon, my apologies of course.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        That is the bandwagon, Sorry to break it to you. We all know the elitest attitude thats formed "Oh ricers want SR20s cause they think its JDM tight yo, us REAL enthusiest want KA24s" thats the bandwagon thats formed recently. You dont like the fact that its a bandwagon, nothing much you can do about that.
        I know, I know, and I have had to find a new position becuz of it, but I agreed in this instance. Im just waiting to backstab my support group because they have supported the KA right into the wrong circumstance, but in this thread, I was thankful for them.

Comment

Its all good, you know youre my brother.

Comment

yeah, i guess im used to lurking at Nico. i mean good forum lots of info, but there are some guys, at least there where, they have an engine they like and thats like the "ultimate" nissan engine, period. everything else is ricer crap

i hate that view.
            Last edited by nissanguy_24; 04-28-2004, 08:39 PM.

Comment

DrOp In A v16

Comment

Is this a bad time? I dont know. Let me first start off by saying.
                Dont be intimidated by intellect.

And as for Piston2rotary. Im a rotary man. Have been for a while, but I recently (bout 8 months ago) baught a S14 and yes, my suggestion was to stay KA, for this guy, now. A month ago on this board that would be considered outside the box. But yeah, Im a rotor-head so Im down with dropping 13 and 20Bs in anything. I know a guy with a 13b NA scooby, and another guy about to drop a 13B-re in a Firebird. I tried to get him to go 20B but money. Ya know? And Ill prob be doing a 20B camaro within the next 5 months. Anyway, this is my typical advice sorry if its not "outside the box" enough for you.

Man, get off your high horses. I stand by my original advice. Im not advising the masses, Im advising the kid. Anybody reading this with a similar question but different situation, don't listen to me, hit the stickies and the FAQs. I don't like to be questioned.
                I didnt say anything about your ka suggestion, I didnt disagree with it.

Oh, and then keep your personal posts to yourself or your chats, we're here to help out not make jokes and plugs, and he was asking for our opinions, that's why he's here.
                What? Was this supposed to make me think twice about joking around on the forum ? Was saying a rotary should do, not a any form of input? Is it better for him to hear your oppinion? or learn things for himself? I dont know if you missed naptime or didnt get lunch today or what, but your emotional tangents are worthless.
                Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 04-28-2004, 10:08 PM.

Comment

P1ston2rotary, my only comments in your direction were on account of the following quote:

Dont like thinking outside of the box?
                  after I agreed with you. So I just defended my position as a rotary man who wasn't being another bandwagon jumper. Im not big on bandwagons unless I create them. Then I still like tipping them over when the get full. My KA comments were toward SMC and we agree.

"Dont be intimidated by intellect." OK. Not a typical problem of mine. Sorry if you misunderstood my layout of arguments but all I had for you was a that I am a fellow wankel man and that we agree, Im not your follower. KA was for SMC, and that has been settled. Thanks for your contribution to this thread, I, for one, enjoyed it. I always like to hear from the rotary camp, especially when they suggest advice similar to my own.

Comment

It was a long day yesterday man, i apologize for the misunderstanding

Comment

Originally posted by DA WIZZARD
                      Ok how about if I want to swap then what is the best motor to put in .
                      you ask some really dumb questions..........
                      you should take WeaponX's advice and look through forums!!!!!!!!!!
                      there are too many damn questions about what is the best fu˘kin
                      motor to put in my "project car"
                      its not about what is the BEST its more like WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT IN YOUR ENGINE BAY!!!!!!!!!
                      and judging from what you say and how you are NEW to the drifting scene i would just stick with the stock KA
                      and learn how to drift first before you go on rambling about what kind of fu˘king engine is good for your "project car"
                      sorry for the flaming though
                      how about we start over.......
                      STICK WITH THE DAMN KA FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!11

Comment

Interestingly I did miss lunch yestderday. Hmmm....

Yeah, sorry, I don't try to offend but I was def out of line with

Oh, and then keep your personal posts to yourself or your chats, we're here to help out not make jokes and plugs, and he was asking for our opinions, that's why he's here.
                        Sorry man.

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
                          you ask some really dumb questions..........
                          you should take WeaponX's advice and look through forums!!!!!!!!!!
                          there are too many damn questions about what is the best fu˘kin
                          motor to put in my "project car"
                          its not about what is the BEST its more like WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO PUT IN YOUR ENGINE BAY!!!!!!!!!
                          and judging from what you say and how you are NEW to the drifting scene i would just stick with the stock KA
                          and learn how to drift first before you go on rambling about what kind of fu˘king engine is good for your "project car"
                          sorry for the flaming though
                          how about we start over.......
                          STICK WITH THE DAMN KA FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!11
                          The issue has been settled please do not be so hostle. Also you viloted a forum rule just now ( fu˘kin ) we censor such words because we dont want them on the forum. Your 'clever' way to get around them is not apreciated. Consider this a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
                            The issue has been settled please do not be so hostle. Also you viloted a forum rule just now ( fu˘kin ) we censor such words because we dont want them on the forum. Your 'clever' way to get around them is not apreciated. Consider this a warning.
                            WELL.........just to let you know I never had a chance to get to the 2nd page of this forum because the minute i saw his post about what kind of engine he should drop i decided to quote him ok! thanks for the warning

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
                              Interestingly I did miss lunch yestderday. Hmmm....

Yeah, sorry, I don't try to offend but I was def out of line with

Sorry man.
                              Dont worry about it bro, its all good man

Comment

KA24

keep the KA24

Comment

Working...
                                X