Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Serious Swap question

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
    hey guys i have a serious engine swap question, im set on installing an rb26dett into a 240, and ive sent numerous emails to various places, and so far my average is about $7500 for a diy kit with everything i need. If you kno any place where i can do this cheaper please share the info. i was wondering if anyone had anymore information about this swap, like a tech writeup or build of some sort or 240s with rb26s installed, im very curious about what others have done and it may help ease my installation a lot. any info plese post thanks alot guys

p.s. i live in jersey, so any of you tri state big wig mechanics, u think you can lend me hand thanks alot

Wayne
    hope this helps. It's not an rb26 swap but it's close. (it's an RB25 swap)
    http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/te...rid/index.html

Comment

thanks for the thought, but someone has already brought this to my attention and it has helped tremendously thanks again though

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
        \

A better question would be, will the inline 6 FIT in a bug chassis?

And of course if you did put one in there i hope its attached by slightly more then a stock motor mount. lol..

Edited for my normal idiotic typing
        Yeah, it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense and you would have to run wheelie bars all the time. The bug used a 4 cyl boxer engine. Putting an inline 6 back there not only would require a custom tube rear end but incredibly affects weight distribution. It is a RR vehicle, not MR, so it may not even sit on all four wheels at rest on level ground. So add the torque of an RB26 and you have a car you can't steer.

Comment

FR conversion...

Someone in an RB26DETT into an Z, twin turbos and all (relocated the steering and made custom piping so that it would fit). I believe that the AWD system is still in place as well...

-MR

Comment

no offense guys i dont mean to be rude or sound rude or anything and if i do im sorry, BUT can we plase stay on topic

Comment

The RB26 is a beast to deal with because of the 2 big turbos on the steering column side. The ONLY car I know of with a completed RB26DETT swap is the Z I mentioned before.

There was someone on NICOforums.com and the Nissan discussion groups who, at one time, had a lot of information regarding RB swaps and had a distribution house out of Seattle (I think). He recently moved his business to Arizona and I think goes by the name Knight24Sevyn or something to that effect.

McKinney has been covered already, but XATracing in Tampa can also do the RB25 swap.

Are you going to keep the AWD or convert it to RWD?

If you find a shop in Japan that will put the 26 into a 240, you might want to take the time and effort to accually give them a call and either use the interpreter operator or find a friend who speaks Japaneese (or even someone from this board) help you out in talking to them.

-MR

Comment

wow that is actually a great suggestion. i wish i could, but that means i have to pay shipping to and from japan, which is going to cost a decent amount. OF course imma keep the rwd and ya its knight7racing, owned by cam i kno him hes been a big help in this process

Comment

Working...
                X