No announcement yet.

Give me some suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for your Y pipe, take a look at your stock intake setup, you have your air box, and tubing back to the intake manifold. Under the air box is a kind of cold air extension or something, ends up making a Y shape. Theres probably a few free horse power availible by removing it. i didnt have any problem running my like that, seemed alittle quicker and i could of sworn it seemed more willing to rev and alot meaner sounder, the sound was intoxicating actualy... I think its just there to deaden the sound stock. Anyways there are a few free horse power to be had from the engine. I would recommend stripping the interior to whatever point you can live with to get the weight down. If you are going to spend money i would sugest spending money on a LSD first. even before the sr motor.

A LSD a few extra ponies and less weight will make the car alot more fun to drive over stock, I advanced my timming about 2 degrees originally and it really improved the top end. Just watch out for predetination..

And of course follow crashdrives sugestions of matienence. Also you might want to go to a thicker weight oil if your going to be at high RPMS often. Change your oil OFTEN too man. Perhaps looking into one of those grounding kits to follow with crashdrive's sugestion of better grounding. people claim those net them a few extra horse power too. seen a few dyno graphs in magazines. nothing impressive, but if your gong to do it do it to improve grounding.. any minor power increases, take them as a bonus.

of course just general matiences. New air filter, new fuel filter and oil filter if you need it, if your cat needs to be replaced (if you have alot of miles especially) just little things man. And you can use it as practice until you get the engine you want in the car, because i promise you will want to keep that one in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
      As for your Y pipe, take a look at your stock intake setup, you have your air box, and tubing back to the intake manifold. Under the air box is a kind of cold air extension or something, ends up making a Y shape. Theres probably a few free horse power availible by removing it. i didnt have any problem running my like that, seemed alittle quicker and i could of sworn it seemed more willing to rev and alot meaner sounder, the sound was intoxicating actualy... I think its just there to deaden the sound stock. Anyways there are a few free horse power to be had from the engine. I would recommend stripping the interior to whatever point you can live with to get the weight down. If you are going to spend money i would sugest spending money on a LSD first. even before the sr motor.

A LSD a few extra ponies and less weight will make the car alot more fun to drive over stock, I advanced my timming about 2 degrees originally and it really improved the top end. Just watch out for predetination..

And of course follow crashdrives sugestions of matienence. Also you might want to go to a thicker weight oil if your going to be at high RPMS often. Change your oil OFTEN too man. Perhaps looking into one of those grounding kits to follow with crashdrive's sugestion of better grounding. people claim those net them a few extra horse power too. seen a few dyno graphs in magazines. nothing impressive, but if your gong to do it do it to improve grounding.. any minor power increases, take them as a bonus.

of course just general matiences. New air filter, new fuel filter and oil filter if you need it, if your cat needs to be replaced (if you have alot of miles especially) just little things man. And you can use it as practice until you get the engine you want in the car, because i promise you will want to keep that one in good condition.
      I just did that y-pipe thing, It took me about 5 minutes..and from 3K up it sounds really nice. I love that sound. I can notice a little better response aswell and it does better in higher RPMS..Nice call man. Any other free mods >

Comment

Originally posted by abstrakt01
        I just did that y-pipe thing, It took me about 5 minutes..and from 3K up it sounds really nice. I love that sound. I can notice a little better response aswell and it does better in higher RPMS..Nice call man. Any other free mods >
        Grab the timming light and go 2 degrees advanced. i was able to get away with that on 87 octane with the KA for months before i returned it to stock due to other problems.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
          Grab the timming light and go 2 degrees advanced. i was able to get away with that on 87 octane with the KA for months before i returned it to stock due to other problems.
          Timing light> Where would this be...

Comment

Your local store, timming light is a device you point at your timming marks so you can see what your timming is set as when you adjust it, for further information on this topic try your local library. or google.com

Comment

heh at your local auto zone. Oh and somthin else bro new plugs and wires always good for high mileage cars.

Comment

Working...
              X