Octane Levels, Over 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octane Levels, Over 91

I don't know about anyone else, but in Southern California, i haven't seen a gas station that has fuel over 91 octane rating. What does everyone else do in this situation? Just ignore the knocking and the detonations?

You can get race fuel to add to the 91 octane. It's 103 or 105 octane i think. Sunoco makes it in California. You could maybe try some of that octane booster that you can buy in a bottle at gas stations. What are you running that's detonating and knocking on 91 octane?

Comment

i know im not in california,

but for drift days we just go to the airport and buy 20 litre jugs of avgas,for street driving we have 98 alost everywhere,
      but 91?? are you serious??
      there is no way i would even think about putting that in my car.
      and car companies say nz has low octane fuel??
      (s14 sr20det/high mount t3/t4/.9 bar boost street/1.3 bar boost drift/550 cc injectors/gtr fuel pump/link ecu)

Comment

I've seen STi owners forced to go back to the dealers b/c they're getting pings (mainly b/c the sti takes 93 min.), and the dealers are being real sheists about reflashing/mapping? the ECU's.

Maybe i'll just get a evo8MR? ahah.

Comment

yeah, the highest was 91, unless i travel like an hour out of my way into the desert, AND it's still 2.39 a gallon. Crazy huh? We're *Censored**Censored**Censored*. Or just opec.

Comment

i believe the Evo runs more boost then the STI not your solution to your ping issue.

Comment

dammmm thats cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              our petrol is $1.30 for 96 per litre

and there is 4 litres in a gollon thats $5.20 per gallon nz dollars then times that by 2 to get us dollars that makes our gas $10.40 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              correct me if im wrong but from that you guys are lucky ashell!!

Comment

Originally posted by drftn13
                dammmm thats cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                our petrol is $1.30 for 96 per litre

and there is 4 litres in a gollon thats $5.20 per gallon nz dollars then times that by 2 to get us dollars that makes our gas $10.40 per gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                correct me if im wrong but from that you guys are lucky ashell!!
                Curious.. whats your minimum wage over there? in US dollars if you dont mind.

Comment

its staggered by age,
                  up till 18 its $5 nz
                  over 18 its $8.50 nz

us is just a little over double nz $$ last time i looked

whats the minimum there?

Comment

Originally posted by drftn13
                    its staggered by age,
                    up till 18 its $5 nz
                    over 18 its $8.50 nz

us is just a little over double nz $$ last time i looked

whats the minimum there?
                    so about 4.25 dollars an hour? american. Here i think federal minimum wage is around 5.50 or so. each state is allowed to set a wage higher though. California is 7 dollars an hour us.

this is kindof going off topic, but i just wanted to get an idea for price per what you pay for. Whats your average octane rating too?

Comment

every station has 96 and 91
                      in the north island most bp and mobil have 98

Comment

gas out here is about 2.39 a gallon for 96 octane.

Cam 2 is about 3.90 a gallon for 102-103 octane.

you really don't need high octane if your not runing high compression. Comperssion is usally dictated by stroke and piston head desgin. The longer the stroke the more comperssion that takes place. Compression isn't the only thing that effects your octane requirement but it is certinly what effects it the most

Comment

by the time i fill up (on something higher at pasadena) and come back home, 1/4 of my tank is already gone. =T. TOo bad they don't have bp near cerritos.

Comment

Originally posted by SC_erritos
                            by the time i fill up (on something higher at pasadena) and come back home, 1/4 of my tank is already gone. =T. TOo bad they don't have bp near cerritos.
                            heh yea unfortunately. Sorry lol, i wish i could have factored in cerritos.

Comment

ive seen 97 pump out east.

Comment

Working...
                              X