ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SR20DET Quick Response high power engine..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ankyle62
    why do you need 400hp for "togue" or should i say the street? this still falls under ricer dream, but with a side of "i have too much money and dont know what to do with it"
    You sure throw out the word ricer alot. I wish I had too much money and didnt know what to do with it but I'm a broke college student.

Comment

i use the term ricer dream refering to the kids that go "i need 400+ horsepower!!! i dont know why but i do!"

Comment

well lets see the reason I want the SR is because Ive heard its more stable then teh standard KA....... and now that I think about it you were right when you said if oyu want a bigger displacement to begin with start with the ka instead of an SR....... and no I did not put airbags ( what kind of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* would deface a nissan like that)..... I got some coil over suspension that I set close to stock ride height because Ive been I guess oyu can saying "copying" the S13 rebuild on Sportcompactcar.com...... yeah I was thinking about the GT25R....... its pretty cheap too !... its less than 2k and its a bolt on so hellz yeah.......... thnx a lot guys you guys really helpedme.....

Comment

The Sport Compact car Project Silvia is an awesome machine and they run a GT28RS. not a GT25R, Also check the turbo install issue, its bolt up and the turbo its self is about 1200 bucks from JWT, However look at the price of all the little stuff they had to do to make it all run. That said theres is an awesome well balanced vehichle. But it takes slightly more then slapping on a new turbo and going.

Comment

Cams

what about trying to mod the valvetrain....thatll free up some powuh....like cams valvesprings retainers....thatll get you some response and a flywheel!

Comment

yeah my bro was telling me about taht...... thnx tahts a good idea

Comment

ok, can i ask you a few questions? you seem intelligent... what are you doing this for? do you want a drift car? do you want to drift? if your looking for drifting skill, hopefully i can give you some advice. its not the car. i can drift my AE86 quite easy when it had a dyno proven 86hp. yes i said 86 hp. you don't need big power to drift at all, it actually makes you cheat and masks poor technique. if you want to be good, look in the mirror, not to your car. you need to just buy tons of tires, track time, gas, and go get it done. drive the car the way you have it, it sounds good. don't worry about all that power, because when you learn to drive well you can smoke someone with twice the power. and that feels good. then you can increase your power so your not only winning the turns, but the straights to. if the car magazines spent all thier time talking about what really matters no one would read them. the driver is all that really matters.
                but if you just want a cool car, good luck to you

Comment

i agree with boro86

Comment

yea im going for drift.... and one day D1 ( pshh doesn't everyone dream of that).................... you know , your right.......... I was just curious ..................... well time for me to go back to the parking lot.......

Comment

Working...
                    X