20 Valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Valve?

hmmm... i've seen corolla's with stickers tath say "20 valve". how exactly is that supposed to work. i know a regular twin cam 4cyl. engine is a 16. but 20 valve, is the engine supposed to be a 5 cyl. or something? someone plz explain.

ooo damn men where have you been??? an 4age engine but its from an ae111 its a 20 valves engine!! 5 valves per cilinder, and no itsnt a 5 cilinder!! ..dont know alot about that engine but you are able to rev more like 12 or 13 rpm..(well tunned)

Comment

i would think its 2 intake and 3 smaller exhaust for better flow some other engines, none of which come to mind at the moment coem 20 valve, ive seen them around, ive never seen after market valves for a 20 v. motor though

Comment

Actually in the toyota engine its 3 intake valves. and 2 exhaust. See ultimately you want to let as much air into an engine as possible so you want a huge intake valve, but the bigger the valve the slower the air moves threw it, so they went to dual intake valves and exhaust valves. Basicly the 5 valve per cylender is a further take off on that. Im sure some 4age guys could give you a more detail and better to how it works and how its superior. but it seems to produce similar power per displacement as Honda's Vtec motors.

Comment

VW Golfs have 20 valves too

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            Actually in the toyota engine its 3 intake valves. and 2 exhaust. See ultimately you want to let as much air into an engine as possible so you want a huge intake valve, but the bigger the valve the slower the air moves threw it, so they went to dual intake valves and exhaust valves. Basicly the 5 valve per cylender is a further take off on that. Im sure some 4age guys could give you a more detail and better to how it works and how its superior. but it seems to produce similar power per displacement as Honda's Vtec motors.
            ahhh thanx, nissan_guy! does this count as a speical type though? imean it does get 5 valves for each piston. also, doesn't the air intake depend how wide the throttle body open (full throttle is as much air it can take in right)?

Comment

Re: 20 Valve?

Originally posted by Ripper
              hmmm... i've seen corolla's with stickers tath say "20 valve". how exactly is that supposed to work. i know a regular twin cam 4cyl. engine is a 16. but 20 valve, is the engine supposed to be a 5 cyl. or something? someone plz explain.
              http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20t...ifications.htm

Comment

yeah, like on initial D when they do the motor swap in the eight six...his power band starts at 7000 rpms

Comment

Originally posted by RallyGT
                  yeah, like on initial D when they do the motor swap in the eight six...his power band starts at 7000 rpms
                  omfg

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                      omfg
                      calm down yo. atleast he didn't say a single cam 10 cyl. engine

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                        omfg
                        Actualy thats a good example. THough not really relavent to the discussion.

Comment

Yeah, most engines that have 20 valves I think are 3 intake and 2 exhaust, but I have seen a few that are the other way around. VW even had a comercial a year or so ago that had a whole 3d engine, and they explained how 5 valves work, instead of 4. It was suppposed to be some new thing I guess for VW.

Comment

its not like initial D is inaccurate....

Comment

Re: Re: 20 Valve?

Can someone tell me what the AE101 and the AE111 are, are they FF or FR, and are they still Corollas?

Comment

Working...
                              X