No announcement yet.

RX-7 Swap (RX-8 engine into a 93 RX-7?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX-7 Swap (RX-8 engine into a 93 RX-7?)

i'm wondering if anyone has swapped a rx-8 engine into a 93 rx-7?

WHY?????? That's like Swapping a KA into a Silvia.

Comment

ahaha ya seriously

Comment

lol dope. thanx for telling me.

Comment

There was an SA22C with a RENESIS,but not in an FD.The RX-8 is a disgrace compared to the RX-7.

Comment

I think we shouldn't be so hasty to look down on this new breed. After more experimentation, and after market support comes in, we all might be surprised with this renesis.

Comment

how about the 20b with a decent cooling system...

ps first post on the forums :P

Comment

26b 4 rotar beeeyatch!

Comment

i think it would be cool... RX8 has like 1500+rpmīs than the 13B-rew engine... i think it would be cooler with a bolt-on turbo from TRUST........

Comment

Originally posted by twcfc3s
                    i think it would be cool... RX8 has like 1500+rpmīs than the 13B-rew engine... i think it would be cooler with a bolt-on turbo from TRUST........
                    Trust doesnt even make a bolt-on turbo kit for the Renesis yet...

Comment

yea they do..i think

Comment

nothing but a air filter have a look

www.trust-power.com/07search/index.html

Comment

rx8 is a great car for all those who say they arent in the same class as a FD. The FD is true sports car, the rx8 being what it is has exceptional handling. Almost comparable to a FD. I do agree a FD is a better overall sports car, the rx8 is no slouch. As for putting a renisis into a FD, i would advise agaisnt it, escpially if your looking to make power.

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon X
                            Trust doesnt even make a bolt-on turbo kit for the Renesis yet...
                            What about Greddy?

I greatly dislike the RX-8 - Mazda spent so much money on something that is alright at everything but great at nothing...

How a 787B-powered FD or FC?

-MR

Comment

There is a company in Australia called Mazfix who have released a stage 1 turbo kit for the rx-8 which uses 12psi to produce a tidy 150ish kw@rw
                              They are currently working on a stage 2 kit as well (looking to produce 200+rwkw)
                              This kit is very interesting because it hides everything under the intake cover thingy, and even the front-mount intercooler is annodised black.

Comment

Working...
                              X