No announcement yet.

Turbo for my miata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

low 16's lol! Do you think the turbo will make it go into the 14's or what? What year model is it?

Comment

Wioth 260 whp the miata should be running loiw 13's. ask miata619drifter. He has the greddy setup, and is close to hitting 12's

Comment

Originally posted by Driftingmonkey
        low 16's lol! Do you think the turbo will make it go into the 14's or what? What year model is it?
        Maybe I took that wrong, are u trying to make fun of me??

Comment

'92

Comment

jeez 13 seconds...thats one fast as$ miata!

Comment

Originally posted by Waste Land
              Maybe I took that wrong, are u trying to make fun of me??
              well 16's is slow. But after the turbo what do you think it'll be running?

Comment

Low 14s or so on like 9 or 10lbs

Comment

is 9-10 pounds a reliable ammount of boost? (on stock internals)

Comment

my turbo miata is running near high 13s on just 6 psi. Mind you i have pretty much everything else done other than the turbo. At 260 rwhp mid 12s are not uncommon (depending on your skill and setup). And the stock internals will handle close to 15psi, the week link is the rear end. You will see that go at around 10 psi or 200-220 rwhp.

Any other questions bout miatas just send em' this way. Im a sponge for miata related info and can prolly answer any thing you need (prolly .)

Comment

what if you add a better rear end??

Comment

if you add a different rear end then the possabilities are endless. It just matters how built you want it and how much your willing to spend.

You can either upgrade to a viscous lsd which i currently have (not the best choice but the cheepest) Or a newer lsd from 1.8 models. Then you could go with an RX7 turbo II rear end (Best in performance/price) which will be able to handle atleast 300 rwhp (which is next on my list). Then there are the full race units which tend to run close to $2k.

Also... I dont know if that turbo you stated would be the best choice. It would be better to go with a proven turbo for miatas. A random turbo wont work on any car, they need to be sized to the application. Look for a mitsubishi turbo from a 1st gen dsm, but on the hks manifold you may need to change the flange.

And in order to run a turbo you will need a timing controll unit to prevent knock (im selling mine shortly) and upgraded fuel system, i.e. FPR (also selling) and fuel pump (if going higher than 8 psi. After 10psi you will need injectors and a fuel computer (mostlikely a standalone ecu) . Oh and one more thought... you will need the BOV to recurculate or else your car will stall out (w/o aftermarket ecu)

just remembered, dont forget an IC if your going higher than 8psi too.

Sorry if thats too much info or if im killing your dream of a turbo miata. Im just trying to help.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

alright thanks! What kinda turbo would be the best for the cheapest price? A T-25??

Comment

The greddy uses a td04m small. Its 1600 msrp, thats very good. Even the honda kits are more.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bustadouglass
                                Sorry if thats too much info or if im killing your dream of a turbo miata. Im just trying to help.
                                You cannot provide me with "too much" info because im always willing to learn and your not killing my dream but only making it stronger. I'm 16 years old, the key factor here is money and parents. Okay, i know what ur thinking, another kid with mommy and daddy's credit card, lol, wrong, my parents dont want me to get a turbo so I'm paying for my car parts on my own. My parents dont know of my turbo plans either, lol. I plan to install at a friends house over the weekend when its all together and then just be like well damn, the turbo fairy came...get tha picture, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X