Turbo for my miata?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas
    Wioth 260 whp the miata should be running loiw 13's. ask miata619drifter. He has the greddy setup, and is close to hitting 12's
    whoa! keep in mind when i told you about the low 13's i was talking about my miata two years ago that burned. the set up i had (before my brother sold off most of the parts , he was "sponsoring" me since i was 16 when the build up started with no job and he had money to throw around ) on that car was like this:

1992 Miata
    GReddy turbo kit
    Spearco intercooler core with end tanks done by RPM from the south bay (i dont know if they're still around)
    aluminum i/c pipes
    Vortech FMU
    upgraded fuel pump (i think my brother got it from moss motors)
    crower mild cams
    ACT clutch
    MSD DIS-2 Ignition
    LSD rear end from a junkyard
    GReddy profec-b boost controller
    GReddy Type-S BOV
    3 inch custom piping from the cat back (big help)
    magnaflow muffler
    Flyin Miata springs (less weight transfer=better launches)
    Autopower rollbar (required for battle of the imports that i ran in fontana about two years ago)

this set up cranked up to 15 psi got me ??? hp (never dyno'ed)
    in terms of times, on Nitto-555r drag radials the car ran 8.6's in the 1/8th mile and 13.3's consistently and an occasional 13.28, 13.29 in the 1/4 mile

as for my set up right now:
    1990 Miata
    GReddy turbo
    stock exhaust
    Vortech FMU
    TurboXS BOV
    Flyin Miata Springs
    Autopower rollbar

boost is at about 6psi. i havent run this car in the 1/8th or 1/4 mile but it should be good for high 14's in the 1/4 mile

my advice: get a LINK ECU from flyin miata. stock ECU's are supposed to be good only to about 12 psi and i guess i was lucky that i got away with 15psi for a while.

sorry to disappoint chas, but one day when i get some money saved up i'll build my current miata back up to the specs of my old miata.

i might have some pictures of the old car lying around somewhere. i'll look.
    Last edited by miata619drifter; 12-01-2003, 07:30 PM.

Comment

your only 18?

Comment

i found some pics of my burnt miata! (the one i described first above, the one with an intercooler, etc.)
        Attached Files

Comment

engine
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
            your only 18?
            the build up started when i was 16. i'm 20 now. the car burned 2 years ago.

Comment

i see, thought you were a little older.

Comment

Battle of the Imports in Fontana (California Speedway pit road!)

I TOOK MY FACE OUT OF THIS PICTURE TODAY CUZ I HAVE A FEELING THERE ARE COPS ON THIS BOARD 5/15/04
                Attached Files
                Last edited by miata619drifter; 05-15-2004, 09:38 AM.

Comment

looks good.

Comment

Spearco Intercooler, "economy" take-out-the-turn-signal cold air intake!
                    Attached Files

Comment

partial sponsorship=big stickers on car (i know it's ricey, but free parts are free parts)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by miata619drifter; 05-15-2004, 09:38 AM.

Comment

another view of the spearco
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice IC! How much did that spearco run you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bustadouglass
                            Nice IC! How much did that spearco run you?
                            i dont know the exact price. RPM (the shop that did the work on that car) gave me a partial sponsorship so the spearco core was free (it was just collecting dust in their display case) and RPM made the end tanks for free.

my brother knew the people who worked at RPM. thats how i got the sponsorship.

i guess its good to know the right people!
                            Last edited by miata619drifter; 12-03-2003, 09:52 PM.

Comment

damn makes me feel like im wasting my money going NA.....just not a big turbo fan....i know its best way to make power but i like the over reving of a built NA.....and come on miata peeps!!! hit up the events and represent hehe.....i just gotta get some track time and $$$ but hopefully ill make it this sat

Comment

I love my miata, but i hate braking it...and then my dad yells at me even though i pay and work on it. Just for the record....changing water pumps on miatas = tearing the entire engine aparts, lol. You had any experience with high perforamnce cams for the miata?

Comment

Working...
                                X