X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --DriftKing--
    replied
    hmmmm

would a 4 piston front and a 2 pistion rear work well? what would be a good setup for that ?

well thanks alot !!!

Leave a comment:

• mranlet
    replied
    Well, there's a big debate about, but it seems that solid rotors with cooling ducts work the very best for a street driven vehicle.

You're right in that slotted and cross-drilled rotors probide better cooling, and they are also lighter due to the removal of material. However, less material means less surface area to brake with, so unless the benefit of lightened rotors outweighs the sacrafice of material, solid rotors will be better.

Having increased cooling via removed material rather than cooling ducts will also cause your rotors to warp earlier than with solid rotors because of the continual heating and cooling of the metal. Having a tougher brake pad like on a race car (most of which need to be heated up before they will do much of anything) can contribute to warpage as well.

With OEM-sized solid rotors and cooling ducts in conjunction with multiple-piston brakes and high-performance street pads, you can probably make the best setup for a daily driven car. You will get the longevity of solid rotors with no decrease in mechanical advantage to to larger rotors, no increase in rotating mass due to larger rotors, increased cooling from air ducts and increased stopping pressure from multiple pistons and heavier-duty pads.

-MR

Leave a comment:

• --DriftKing--
    started a topic brakes

brakes

oaky i am having a HUGE argument about brakes.......

i say slotted and cross drilled will be usefull and stop better

i have a friend that says other wise he swears its useless unless ur on a race track

i say its totally useful

the slotted and cross drilled prvide heat transfer and help the gases created while braking escape easyer......i know my stuff......

i needed more proof and some back up on the info so please respond if you know what ur saying

thanks alot everyone here at drifting.,com
Working...
X