S13 Mad Understeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 Mad Understeer

i recently bought a set or tein HE coilovers. I try to drift corners at a moderate speedS and my car understeers alot. I have the old style falken ziex in the front and cheap tires in the rear. My freind hits the same corner in his hachi, at around the same speed and he dosent undesteer, and he has a stock shocks with cut springs. i dont think this much understeer is normal. I have tryed to keep up with people running cayons but my front tires break before my backs do, and the leave me in the dust. I checked out my bushings and they look fine. does anybody have the same problem?

Maybe the rear suspension is too hard or the front's too soft or both.

Comment

how do you have your coilovers set?

Comment

i tried FRONT4 REAR11 FRONT7 REAR14 I didnt notice a very big difference in the understeer

Comment

set it the same all the way around. try the corner then began to work from there.. Also what kind of pads are you running all the way? any sway bars? you have brand new tires up front?

Comment

front tires still in good shape stock pads and swaybars.

Comment

a worn down tire could easily produce more grip then even a higher quality tire thats not as worn down. Thats why i mention it. Also check your air pressure. And experiment with it.

Comment

What are your tire pressure and allignment settings?

Comment

stock tein placement front, rear stock factory specs which i think is close to zero ========== i havent messed with the front camber yet but i think i should

Comment

I have heard that the S13 likes to understeer, I think it was mentioned in the drift bible

Comment

i heard from the drift bible the kei office suspensions could fix s13's understeer

Comment

do you have any strut braces? sometimes they mess up weight transfer. poor weight transfer = understeer

Comment

I saw it in the drift bible to, but if this is a normal amount of understeer for a s13, i wasted my money and should of bought a good handeling car

Comment

Originally posted by RPS13PILOT
                            I saw it in the drift bible to, but if this is a normal amount of understeer for a s13, i wasted my money and should of bought a good handeling car
                            Before we go around insulting S13s how were you able to take the corner before you installed your coilovers?

Comment

Man all these 240s are being wasted (no offense) I would make a wonderful home. Take them out autocrossing and make sweet love to them night after night.

EDIT: Add more pressure in your rears.

Comment

Working...
                              X