No announcement yet.

4-ag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my friend is gonna give me his redtop setup because hes going for the 4agze swap hes gonna give me everything for 1400 well worth it

Comment

$1400 for a redtop and youre calling him a friend..... damn....... can I be your friend and sell you my redtop for $1300. Dude seriously redtops with manifolds are like $350 at the most at any local japanese engine supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by aphxero
        Satsujin: you forgot to mention years:

Bluetop:

in ae86, aw11. 3 rib block and TVIS. Comp ratio: 9.4, Max power (hp) 130@6600.

Redtop 1st gen:

In 88-89 ae92, 7 rib block and TVIS. Comp ratio: 9.4, Max power (hp) 120@6600.

Redtop 2nd gen:

in 90-91 ae92, geo prizm GSI, 7 rib block, non TVIS small port head. Comp ratio: 10.3, 140 @7200 Features oil cooled pistons, stronger internals, knock sensor.

BTW, these power figures are at the flywheel.

also wanted to add that the power numbers are MAP equipped motors and not AFM types.

Comment

aphxero, daymn, you went all out on those specs! You gotta a tech ref book or something?

panda_3eight_6, were do you live? I don't want to deal with shipping stuff to tell you the truth... But, if you are really serious, you can hit me up when you are ready. I don't think the heads are going anywhere anytime soon, but when you are ready to do it, i'll give you my business phone #. I'll let you have a large port with all the fixin's for $50. This includes all sensors and T-VIS plate. I also have intake manifolds too. Those will be $30.

Comment

starshark is right. longblocks are pretty cheap. I can get a GZE clip for $1200 shipped, GZE longblock $600 shipped, silvertop longblock for $200, redtops for $300.

Comment

I can get GZ longblocks with manifolds for $550 and delivered to my door from this place by my house hahahaha. Partial harness and no ecu though.

Hey man how much for the silvertop short block?

Comment

i still have the original bluetop 4age in my gts with about 185k miles. it still works like a charm on drift events and local auto-x. with the current status of the motor, i can forsee pushing it 'till its like 230k. i just love those bluetops! i have driven a redtop hatch and is slightly slower in terms of revving up quickly with only small differences.

i can't see myself swapping a gze or a 20v, the 16v just feels right, imho

Comment

Originally posted by balmo
                  i still have the original bluetop 4age in my gts with about 185k miles. it still works like a charm on drift events and local auto-x. with the current status of the motor, i can forsee pushing it 'till its like 230k. i just love those bluetops! i have driven a redtop hatch and is slightly slower in terms of revving up quickly with only small differences.

i can't see myself swapping a gze or a 20v, the 16v just feels right, imho

reason why the redtop doesnt rev as fast as the blue top is cause the internals are larger and heavier.

Comment

but isnt that because the retop internals are stronger? ive had redtops and blutops and they rev'd the same with me. Both running no accesories like PS, AC and with toda flywheel. But my blacktop with no PS, AC and trd flywheel revs out fast. im hoping with pullies it will rev out faster. any of u guys have pullies and felt a difference? alum. water pump and underdrive.

Comment

I live in wisconsin...

So like... 80?

I'll check into shipping... I'm kinda assuming you live on the west coast...but i can be wrong

Comment

hmm 1400 a bit much huh what price you think is good for 4age engine and everything with tranny and already made for rwd just bolt in imma ask my friend what price starshark woudl say thanks for telling me i guess i can bargain down hehe

Comment

i suggest going to your local junkyard and buy your parts there... like a pick and pull place or pull-a-part yard... they sell parts for dirt cheap.

Comment

Sorry starshark, but I can't get short blocks. I would get one myself, but the deals I get with motors are usually pretty out of wack. Who else can get silvertops for less than a high comp red top? Doesn't make too much sense. As far as doing a GZE, you don't need a tranny. The T50 is compatible with all 4A blocks. All you need is the wiring harness, ECU, and longblock to do it. I personally plan to get a GTZ clip straight outta japan if I ever get time to work on all my other 86s!

Comment

Originally posted by SATSUJIN
                              starshark is right. longblocks are pretty cheap. I can get a GZE clip for $1200 shipped, GZE longblock $600 shipped, silvertop longblock for $200, redtops for $300.
                              Hey SATSUJIN where do you get your long blocks? could you email me info about this? I am looking at a GZE right now but the best price I can find local is 850

email me: skyz_22@msn.com

Comment

As for GZE longblocks, I get them through Speedtech, a tuning shop out of SLC. They wouldn't be giving you the same prices as I get, because I get a discount through my business account. So, to get the best prices elsewere, I would talk to Mario at Toysport. He can probably get the price bellow $850 i'm sure.

toysport.com -click on contact- find phone # or look in the catalog.

Comment

Working...
                                X