No announcement yet.

make more horsepower w/o spending money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about running the right tires instead of trying to make more power. I've seen many low HP cars drift with the right tire setup. You dont need a lot of power to drift. It can help in certain situations, but then again, so can momentum ...

Nothing wrong performance wise with running open headers. There is dyno proof on the net that shows HP gains from a cutout (same idea as open headers).

For the guy with the WS6 and spark plug problem, your friend can probably find out whats wrong by looking at the condition of the plugs when he removes them (instead of just tossing them and replacing them). My guess is that nobody installed the 02 sensor in the new headers and now the A/F ratio is off and causing the plugs to foul. Just a guess though ...

Comment

i dont think any of us are saying that you need more power to drift but its just convenient when you are running an 85 hp hachiroku or whatever and this info is for drag racers, grip drivers, and drifters alike

Comment

Originally posted by scirocco
        i used to reroute my A/C pipe into my intake manifold and used CO2 cartridges pointed at the rad and intake on my old hachigo... it felt like i supercharged it. i also took off the filter and exhaust after the headers and i removed many of the body panels and the hood completely and simply got a flat underbody kit for the car. took a full 2.5 seconds off the quartermile
        hahaha. thats some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*. everyone knows that the AC robs yer engine power by like 15%.

oh yeah, just to make it clear, i know you were joking. i read.

Comment

Working...
        X