ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S14 Conversion; (S15 Rear Lights, Difficult?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 Conversion; (S15 Rear Lights, Difficult?)

i was just thinking could you get an s14 and put s15 lights on the back and get a s15 front bumber and lights and put it on the front. i know you can do a front conversion but would it be hard to do it in the back

look at a picture of the s14 tail lights then the s15 tail lights. im pretty sure it isnt a bolt on

Comment

its not gunna be easy but i say go for it. but keep your headlights! its original, and dont worry what people say.

Comment

Re: s14 conversion

Originally posted by drift matic
        i was just thinking could you get an s14 and put s15 lights on the back and get a s15 front bumber and lights and put it on the front. i know you can do a front conversion but would it be hard to do it in the back
        you can that conversion.......if you have MONEY!!
        its going to take a lot of cutting and remolding.......
        just take a look at one of the option video it has an s14 silvia with an s15 back end conversion with an s13 front end conversion.....and if i remember correctly it cost about 50k.........
        the main thing is it is possible.....unless you have money to blow......that is..

Comment

50k sounds a bit far fetched. but it's not going to be cheap. From my understanding, you'll need the quarter panels from the s15 to be welded onto the s14's rear end, you'll need the trunk, and the rear glass. It was my understanding that the basic chassis was the same for the s14 and the s15, but had different sheet metal on the outside to make the skin. If that were the case, I don't see why the body panels wouldn't fit pretty closely, granted you also get them molded smoothly and such. Good luck finding those parts, a worker for the body shop I go to has been trying to source a pair of good quarter panels for some time and he hasn't even started looking for the trunk or the other glass. But considering I've never seen the chassis for the s15, don't quote me on that. Just what I've heard.

Comment

It's cost you about as much as a good paintjob, and then that same price again for a good paintjob.But I personally think that'd look horrible.

Comment

i think your mistaken about the s14 with s13 fron and s15 rear, im pretty sure your talking about thes15 with the 180 front end, i think kstyle did it, but to actually mold those tail lights in wuould take alot of work and cash considering the rears are the biggest difference between s14 and s15, from the doors forward almost
              identical but from the rear windows/door lines very different , the s15rear is flared and squared off at the back of the tronk and the taillights wrap around over the top . so if you tried to mold in the lights to an s14 where the trunk lid angles oupward it would look really odd and sit weird to get them in without gaps. not to mention they would sit to close together. but what do i know try it and let me know how it turns out

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrift
                i think your mistaken about the s14 with s13 fron and s15 rear, im pretty sure your talking about thes15 with the 180 front end, i think kstyle did it, but to actually mold those tail lights in wuould take alot of work and cash considering the rears are the biggest difference between s14 and s15, from the doors forward almost
                identical but from the rear windows/door lines very different , the s15rear is flared and squared off at the back of the tronk and the taillights wrap around over the top . so if you tried to mold in the lights to an s14 where the trunk lid angles oupward it would look really odd and sit weird to get them in without gaps. not to mention they would sit to close together. but what do i know try it and let me know how it turns out
                actually............you're the one who is mistaken because its the s13 coupe front end NOT 180 front.......why don't you check option volume 87 if i remember correctly...i've seen the s15 with the 180 front and its old news.....molding in the lights would take a lot of work and a lot of cash.....the rest that you said about the tailights i'll agree with you!

Comment

oh no offense dood, i jsut thought that was the one you were talking about id like to see some pics sounds cool.

Comment

Actually that s15 is really an s15 with the s13 front end that onevia. Anyways yeah you have to change a lot in the back to fit the tail lights. I bet you would probbably spend close to 10k or less to get the perfect shape for the rear end. It take a lot of time, hard work and money. Thd s15 end is soo curvy unlike s14 which has this ubrupt angle at the end. So go for it just have the cash around.

Comment

the one i'm talking about is dubbed "S13.4.5"
                      and its powered by an s14 SR20Det
                      i'll try and find a pic of it
                      its actually pretty sick!
                      but the guy drifting couldn't really wield that thing through the corner......

Comment

Kazama Japan has done a S15 back conversion on a S14... if you look at the pic of their s14 on their site, you'll notice it... they don't have a rear shot of that s14 thou.

but I've seen the car in person when I was having a meeting with Mr.Kazama in Japan, he said they'll never do it again, it was a pain in the a$$ and took so much time.

here is a pic that I took... i didnt take any rear shot .. damn it.

notice how the rear fender flares out just like a s15..

Last edited by mike2016; 08-04-2004, 06:26 PM.

Comment

IMO s15 rear is ugly... and even if you convert your s14 into an "s15" its still an s14. waste of money...

Comment

Re: Re: s14 conversion

Originally posted by DrifterN
                            if i remember correctly it cost about 50k.........
                            the main thing is it is possible.....unless you have money to blow......that is..
                            Do you mean yen? It is option.They don't list prices in USD.There's no way in hell that conversion cost 5,000,000 yen.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: s14 conversion

Originally posted by Feint
                              Do you mean yen? It is option.They don't list prices in USD.There's no way in hell that conversion cost 5,000,000 yen.
                              ah........i just caught that.....i didn't convert it into USD.....

Comment

Working...
                              X