No announcement yet.

1JZ-GTE vs. 2JZ-GTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a 1jz driver myself, i can tell you that the differences between the 1jz and 2jz are very minimal, aside from the extra .5L a lot about these motors is the same. When you say, toyota corrected its mistake by creating the 2jz, that is wrong... toyota corrected its mistake of the 7m by creating the 1jz. Most of the engine parts from the 1jz are exactly the same as the 2jz ie. serpentine belt, headgasket, water pump.... there are many things similar about these engines... as well, some say the 1jz head flows better than the 2jz. Orin bivens from texas has put down 836rwhp with a 1.5jz, that is a 1jz head and the 2jz block. I like the 1jz, but i drive one,

Comment

corrected the 7m? Yeah I don't want to even go there. All I'll say is that I have expe. with these engines. People like us will probab;y never agree on this subject. I could list faults in your theories as you could list a few in mine however we will just run the thead into the ground.
      By the way 800 hourse is nice but I've seen more from a 2jz. Please don't knock the 7mgte because I've seen these put out just as much hp as the 1jz's.. The 1jz is nice but I'd never rock it over a 2jz.But it's all about evolution But if evolution is what you suggest then why does the 7mgte evolve into a 1jz but the 2jz can't evolve from 1jz huh? your theories make no sense. I not trying to be rude. I have worked with just about all the m series engines. and yes the j series came from those. Read up on your toyota engine history it's all about evolution in a great design. Like I said I'm not trying to be rude but c'mon a 1jz over a 2jz no way!!!!!! the 1.5 maybe but not the 1.

Comment

1jz's sound cool but all in all the most power will be had with a 2jz easily

Comment

theres no replacement for displacement

Comment

There is no debate here: The 2JZ is a superior engine...period.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
              i agree too......those engines are really good.....

Comment

ok the 7M i have seen blow up several times in a buddies supra and another corolla.

other than that the 1jz can not share a single internal part. A lot of motors and cars use the same external parts IE water pump and alternator just with differnt mounting points so the 1Jz and 2 jz are completely differnt motors.

Comment

the 2JZ gets my vote

Comment

my question is why is this girl on point and you guys aren't. She knows whats up.
                    <-------------thinks she is probably sharter than most.
                    driftgirl props to you for having sense.my point is if you have the money for the 2jz then wheres the debate?
                    by the way any one blowing up good 7mgtes alot probably needs to learn a little more about engines. replace a few things incuding hg and these things can be bulletproof.
                    <-----------thinks if you keep blowing up 7mgte's means you are not doing something right, plain and simlpe. are you running over 500 hp with no real head mods?
                    sorry to be rude but I have to put it down. Realistically theres a great number of peeps with nice realiable high hp 7ms out there.These guys rarely blow engines because they are done right. one thing to consider is boost on a 24 valve head. these have troubles if done wrong over 500hp.

Comment

I heart you.

Comment

I think you guys forgot about another Toyota turbocharged engine, which may be easier to swap than the 2JZ - namely the 3S-GTE. It has a lot of potential and it can be an easy replacement for the 4S-FE. I know the displacment is "slightly" lower than in a 2JZ and it lacks the two more cylinders that the 2JZ has, but it's cheaper and has not-very-smaller potential to make power. What about that?

Regards,
                        D.

Comment

What about the 1G-GTE?

Comment

what car is this going in again.

Comment

I'm guessing an older Supra, but it was never stated.

Comment

its going into a jzx-90, mark II. the question was which is better: buy a Mark II with a 4f-se and replace it with a 1jz-gte/2jz-gte or just buy a mark II tourer V which comes with a 1jz-gte? What other engines can i swap it in a mark II? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X