ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fabricating Suspension Parts (Books/Literature on this Subject?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year is it and what motor is in it?

If you have a rear strut then it is indy. You should have an upright and 2 lower links connecting it to the axle carrier. Those rear links are the first ones you should replace. Measure from bolt to bolt and tell me what size the bolts are, ie will ether be 12mm or 14mm.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Tomorrow I have the day off, I will get pictures and measurements of everything and list them out.

Comment

I assume Alex is talking to me because we have addressed the celica suspension model and year, and I started this thread. However I'm all for people getting info. Respectfully though I have been trying to get Alexs expertise and opinions for quite some time now.
        So I wuld like to get covered at some point in the game.
        With my assumptions in place I have an 85 supra p type with a 5mge stock(being hoisted out today) but currently i'm putting a 6mge(jdm only)engine in it. I will measure the rear pieces sometime today after pressure washing the engine bay. alex could you specifiy who your talking to or if your helping us both which is also fine. Thanks -Larry

Comment

I'll help both, if you can take measurements and pictures of the parts, then i have an idea of what it needs to be and if i have something you can use rather then you having to custom fab everything yourself.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Alex how do you learn suspension designs?

I really would like to learn... I guess I have the background to learn easily and quickly and optimize a great design, but I was just wondering where I could get good experience doing such things.

Matt.

Comment

So whats this about MK2s??? New parts? Hmm If your looking for camber plates theres a GB on www.celicasupra.com going on!!!
              Last edited by ; 08-11-2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MK2SupraDrift
                So whats this about MK2s??? New parts? Hmm If your looking for camber plates theres a GB on www.celicasupra.co going on!!!
                Yeah I know this is one of the reasons why I realized I need to make the ish. becuase thiers been about a billion cusco gbs threre. If you look on that site I post there way more than I do here. My username is drftsupramk2 it was supposed to be the same here but I misstyped it. At any rate yes new mk2 parts will be coming as soon as I can purchase A new welder/plasm cutter. And also I have to get what ever I make perfect because I refuse to sell inferior product. (which equals R&D time.)

Comment

Dude not to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored* hole but get your own Avater!!!
                  Last edited by ; 08-11-2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Ha I stole you avatar. Hey alex I just looked at your tension rod install I was actually thinking of something near that In quality. Its funny because i've never seen those until today but that was similiar to what I invisioned.

Comment

Dude I just did it to mess around with you have a sense of humor. I was actually writing that as you posted................btw I had the same avatar about I year ago. Also my next avatar is me and my three supra mk2s
                      Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-11-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

If they are the same style with the one large hole that is straight, i bet my corolla set would fit. I know they fit everything from a 72 to a 87 corolla and the aw11 and one of the sw20's. Most of the suspension peices use the same sizes, just need to figure out a couple small details to make them "bolt on".

Hurry up and take some pictures.

Comment

Sorry man I'm doing a engine swap and I have to borrow the camera I will have them up by saturday. Thanks for your patience Alex. Yes and by saturday I mean sunday hopefully. I will pm you the pictues when I get them Alex.
                          Last edited by drfsupramk2; 08-14-2004, 09:58 PM.

Comment

hey alex I have to get under my car and rise it up as high as my jackstnds will go will this be a sufficent picture? Did you want front and rear suspension pics. I can also get an overview of my front suspension due to the fact my engine is out. I assume the measurements are the most important I will post those tomarrow. Talk to you then.

Comment

Hmmm I alway want to post ??????

Becuse my name is also Alex lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X