ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Coilover System Would You Use? (POLL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ma71supraturbo
    TEIN doesn't have dual height adjust in most of their models, neither does HKS nor the lower lines of Cusco and JIC.

Tein and Cusco's lower models of coilovers do not come with a solid upper pillow-ball mount -- you have to order it separately.

As for spring interchangablity -- you can use the same damper and use a small range of spring rates (assuming you have adjustable dampers). Hell many of the US-spec coilovers are just the japanese spec with lower spring rates *cough* JIC *cough*
    [/img]
    tein has dual height adjust in any of their models that arent total crap. re rs he flex (although this is crap soft springs it does have dual height and heim joints)ht hg n1.

cuscos lower models dont have that stuff because they are for "Street" use or some trash. more like wuss use. and i think everybody knows JIC sucks by now.

Comment

Originally posted by chmercer
      tein has dual height adjust in any of their models that arent total crap. re rs he flex (although this is crap soft springs it does have dual height and heim joints)ht hg n1.

cuscos lower models dont have that stuff because they are for "Street" use or some trash. more like wuss use. and i think everybody knows JIC sucks by now.
      you talk alot of trash there bud, what system do you use? and dont come up with some bs answer either. And anyone who says the flex is too soft must be driving a race only car. The flex on an S13 is even harder than the HE. (flex is 7kg/7kg HE is 7kg/6kg)

Comment

HEs are 8/6 kgmm on both s13 and s14. Flex on an s13 is 5/4, 6/5 on an s14. you did get it right for na8c though, 7/6. get your numbers straight before you try to start shi.t. i run kts sp beta with 8/6 not that it has anything to do with flex being soft. tein agrees with me. taken from www.tein.com

TEIN Type FLEX damper kit was designed to provide driving comfort and sports performance with its full-length adjustment system. We have incorporated separate height and preload adjustments, which allows you to have various set-ups to meet different road conditions. The FLEX Damper kit includes pillow ball upper mounts and is compatible with the EDFC, for maximum performance for the streets.
        Last edited by chmercer; 08-13-2004, 11:18 PM.

Comment

silk road... Can't belive there voted most popular along with teins.

Comment

is it me or are all those spring rates out of wak??
            even if thats a japamese chart, they seem oddly combined

Comment

Working...
            X