ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would be the best drifting motor for and ae86?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would be the best drifting motor for and ae86?

I want to swap a motor out of a sr5 for drifting but idk which one to choose.

it all depends but you will have to do a nice conversion to GTS and you'll need a new rear end a lot of new rewiring of the harness the motor of course thats about it. The 4agze is a nice motor for turboing or the 16v is good for a nice na build the 20v comes with 160-170 off the bat but really hard to get more power out of

Comment

don't forget about the carburator/FI conversion. alex, any tips?

Comment

need a new gas tank from a GTS with the in tank pump for EFI. carb fuel pumps only put out like 4-8 psi

Comment

a 4ag is the only motor i would put in a corolla. Plain and simple, the car is ballanced with that motor. It doesnt matter which one you use 20v silver or black top, 4agze, 16v 4ag, or even turbo, but just stick to a 4ag. If you cant handle the lower hp then buy a 240 or some other car!!!
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

I'd drop in a mecha-tuned AE111 engine, or if i had more money a Tomei built SR20DE

Comment

jeez...you can "drift" with the standard SOHC 4ag motor at least i did a couple of times...

you can swap in a sr...a DOHC 4age or a friggen F20c ( s2000).

the power is not the key to drifting, or in the state of the 86' thought being so nimble and lightweight, the real battle is YOUR DRIVING PATTERN....read or buy the "drift bible" with Keichi Tsuchiya in it...that is all you need to know

Comment

4AG for Life

Comment

wasn't there a vid somewhere on here where some japanese tossed a 20b inside one??

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
                    jeez...you can "drift" with the standard SOHC 4ag motor at least i did a couple of times...
                    There was never a sohc 4age, its the 4ac

read or buy the "drift bible" with Keichi Tsuchiya in it...that is all you need to know [/B]
                    No, Drift bible makes people who think they know everything about drifting and they don't even have their permits, its usefull but the best thing to do is to go and do it yourself.

-Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by FC3SGTU
                      No, Drift bible makes people who think they know everything about drifting and they don't even have their permits, its usefull but the best thing to do is to go and do it yourself.
                      LOL, everytime I watch Drift Bible I get confused and just face the fact the drifting is gonna take alot time and practince and no one can become the next "Drift King" by just watching a DVD. I wish they made Drifting for Dummies though

Comment

Gotta start somewhere, I just don't like people that are all talk

-Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
                          a 4ag is the only motor i would put in a corolla. Plain and simple, the car is ballanced with that motor. It doesnt matter which one you use 20v silver or black top, 4agze, 16v 4ag, or even turbo, but just stick to a 4ag. If you cant handle the lower hp then buy a 240 or some other car!!!
                          Hey man, not all 240s have a discusting ammount of HP. Not even all SRed 240s have a lot of HP hahaha, I have only gotten a taste of a corolla, I loved it. I think it was 20v block with stock head... it had plenty of power. But I love my car too much to cheat on it and get a corolla for any type of racing.

Word on the 4ag thing, people put all kinds of crap in corollas, sr, ca, s2000 motor, 2 rotor, 3 rotor, ka. My opinion is if you want to drive stick with something that has been done before and you know you can do. If you want to be different, put whatever you want in there just don't be suprised when people say dumb move and your car doesn't have the little whipping, insta-uber-sideways drift action that some of the REALLY good corolla drivers can do with their machines.

Comment

HEY!!!! LOVEMUFF dude I got to be honest its cool and all what your saying but come on "Love Muffin" thats got to be the gayest thing Ive ever heard I mean even pink godzirra with the dildo looking shift knobs doesnt top your name but anyways I guess you would know with your DATSUN/NISSAN style "CONFUSED CAR" Almost like a deformed baby. But I guess when its all said and done having a car like that will help you "BLAST INTO THE DRIFTING WORLD"

"I am Richard, your local friendly tech inspector... TIGHTEN YOUR DAMN BATTERY AND TAPE THE + TERMINAL!!" what the F*** is that s*** must have loads of track time

Keep it Real,Real out of control

Comment

Listen to Alex Pfeiffer. 4AGZE... take off the supercharger and bolt on a turbo

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X