No announcement yet.

rb swap in 92 240 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you wanna drop the rb your going to have to fabricate diffrent parts for the 240. The rb is awd, the 240 was meant for rwd. He would than have to be putting alot more weight on the car. Go for a ca18 if you wanna be diffrent.

Comment

only the rb26 is AWD. the rb20+25 are RWD. you can use the rb25 rwd transmission in the rb26

Comment

Meeeep!

Wrong. There is one more AWD Skyline. It's an RB20DET-powered R32 GTS-4. It has HICAS and ATESSA E-TS. It's nearly the same as the GTR, except the motor, the brakes and suspension components.

the rb25 doesn't mess up the weight balance, it just changes, which is not a bad thing, and you can keep it close to ka front end weight by getting FRP or C.F. fenders, hood, bumper.
        Exactly. An RB25-powered S13 once won the D1GP series Japan, so I don't think it messes it ups that much.

Comment

he he thanks for the easilly forgotten info that i, well, forgot.
          when you think of the beast rb26 awd skyline you forget all of others, even if it is another skyline

Comment

so heres the deal he desided to go with the sr20det because it goes in cleaner and he is going to put a silvia clip on it so the motor will be rite to the car

Comment

i wanted to do the same thing, not put a rb26dett, but to be different, when these guys say it will be a mess up, they are right, even if u want to drag it, u might want to make it front wheel drive, which will costa shieeeet load, so what i did to be "different" was add Individual Throttle Bodies with a tank, ask him if thats cool with him, it takes off a ton of spool up time to the turbos, there are also twin turbo kits available for the sr20, u just need to look around, just come up with different ideas, u guys are doing well, just do more research!!

good luck

Comment

want somethign different?

how about using common sense unlike the other 80% of people and just going ka-t. cheaper , faster and more practical. do some research before you go wasting all your money.

another couple alternatives already mentioned are ca18, they can go for dirt cheap thanks to the sr20 bandwagon that everyone is wasting their money on. rev high, strong bottomend. cheap. but you will have fun whensomething breaks, b/c parts arent readily available at oriellys/napa.

rb25det+mkinney mounts. freind did it in his s14, i was bored pricing stuff the other day, can almost be done for price of SR, but unlike the SR will have torque. but like ca have fun getting parts anywhere you want.

or like i said at 1st, for 1/2 the price of what a complete sr clip will cost you can do ka-t, and have more torque and power than sr.
                Last edited by Ris4drift; 09-27-2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Don't forget that the CA is sometimes called "the little RB" because of a cast-iron block, not aluminium like in SR20 motors. As Ris4drift has already written, it has strong bottom end. There's one CA18-powered RS13 in the UK which pumps out as much as over 600hp, and can be street driven (it had first been built by Norris Designs and then sold to a private owner). If I remember good, Jun's SR20-powered S14 record-holding drag racer posted around 700, and it couldn't be a daily driver. Simply rethink the CA18 engine, as it's waaay cheaper than the SR20 and has similar power potential (if you look for it, of course).

I would personally go with RB20DET, as this one's easier to swap than the other RB's, has some power potential, and - most importantly - is a six banger, which makes the work smoother and the work stroke more effective (note here: that's because the cylinder capacity is smaller compared to any 2 liter four-banger like the SR20).

Comment

Working...
                  X