ae86 or silvia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NismoSigma
    Is it just me or does the "URBAN" culture have trouble spelling easy words? Just speak regular English!! As for the car, I suggest you get a 240. It is alot easier to maintain and easier to drift in. The ae86 has recently getting way out of hand when it comes to theyre price, so just get a cheap 5spd 240 and your set!

PS-Darkstar, start taking your meds again, you get angry at posts.
    If you're going to criticize someone's spelling, you might want to make sure that your own is correct:

It's "their", not "they're". Also, "you're", not "your" in this case.

But back on topic...nobody has answered my question as to why a 240 is easier to maintain than an AE86. If you're talking about a stock 240 with an N/A KA24, then I might agree that they are on equal footing as far as maintenance is concerned. But it still doesn't make sense why it would be any easier to maintain, especially if you're comparing it to a swapped 240 w/ a turbo motor. Stock parts for both cars are readily available at any local parts store or dealership, no?

Comment

I heard that the stock KA24-powered 240SX can last for a lot of time if treated well. Well, it isn't a high-powered car, so there's no unnecessary stress on the internals, right? A stock SR20DET would be harder to maintain only because of the turbo, which makes you warm and cool the car before and after you drive it.

What is so hard to maintain on a 1.6 liter Hachiroku? If you use the original parts and service it regularly, then there shouldn't be that much problems. I know, these cars can be 20 years old, but if it's protected from rust, then it should be THAT wrong.

Epicz, call me whatever you want, but please, don't talk trash at the forum. And if you would like to, you can always use PM's...

Comment

The 86 is a 20 year old car, and if you tried to save money by buying a "cheaper" 86, i paromise you parts will either break- or be broken.

If yo uwant a clean 86 in great condition which needs little work- expect to fork out about 3-4000.

Added: Some stuff about the 86 (just read all the stuff before this)

These cars are pretty reliable- and their engiens will take a CRAP load of abuse (i love mine for that very reason) but, as i siad they are a 20 year old car. things will need to be fixed or replaced. You can have a "decent" 86 for around 2000 bucks, but i garuntee you unless you personally know the guy and hes doing you a favor, or you found the few who dont know what they have and took care of it- your goign to need to spend about 1000 into fixing things.

The 86 makes around 120 horsepower stock, and with some good bolt on parts you can get around 140 hp. With some decent came work you can pull out about 160- but that will be your limit unless you get a aftermarket ecu (The stock ecu has a pre-programed fuel curve when the car is at full throttle, which is why you cant really break 160 without a new ecu). And around 180-190 horsepower is about the limit youll be able to get these cars too without seriously swapping out the internals. Ueos 86 which one D1 had 180 horsepower.

Those who say these cars are extremly hard to drift- just dont know much about drifting. You dont have a lot of power to fool around with, so to drift good in this you need to rely only on steering and weight shifting work. If you know the basics to drifting (which youll probably learn by using this car) youll be able to drift fine. And if you can drift an 86 good- you can drift anything

240 is just a newer car- needs less work, makes good power. Theres really no "downs" to it compared to the 86. If your not a real enthusiast of the 86, youll find yourself soon selling it.
        Last edited by SidewaysGts; 09-21-2004, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X