X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long, or short wheel base?

ok, so yeah, i drive a pick up..
    an extended cab pick up.....
    my wheel base is a tad longer than most of yours....
    i saw the same truck as mine at a dealer around my house..
    standard cab.... thinking about pickin it up..... but my question

how does wheel base effect drifting

the shorter the wheel-base, the faster it will turn, but it will also get more twitchy at the same time. A longer wheel base slows things down, so drifts become easier, but it takes longer for you to get the vehicle sideways.

Comment

man.. good info...

now i feel better about mah truck...
      so basically.. its like a turbo..
      a smaller turbo spools quick, but has a smaller boost
      where a larger, takes longer to spool, but has higher boost...

so the longer wheels base will be a lil more stable @ higher speeds?

Comment

yup. you'll have very smooth drifts, but you'll have a problem when you get to a tighter series of corners in trying to get the beast rotated, and more importantly, transitioning from a tight turn to another tight turn in the opposite direction. Good vehicle to learn the basics in.

Comment

thank you.. the funny thing about me drifting my truck...
          either people
          THINK ITS DIFFERENT AND VERY COOL
          or people
          THINK IM THE DUMBEST PERSON ON THIS PLANET FOR TRYING TO DRIFT A TRUCK...

Comment

Well, you can always reply to those people who think that was that there are several pickups drifting out there in Japan... There was one 180SX converted to a pickup last year, but I don't remember who was driving it... Doesn't matter. Good luck with the car, it's great to be different from the others.

Comment

Can't really use the e-brake in a truck, unless you stomp on the e-brake petal and then pop it open real quick, hehe, that would be funny to watch. *acts out motion with left foot and left hand* "dididididid, pop". hehe

I'm not mocking you, I think drifting a truck is awesome. Just wish there were more leafspring to coilover kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennyman
                Can't really use the e-brake in a truck, unless you stomp on the e-brake petal and then pop it open real quick, hehe, that would be funny to watch. *acts out motion with left foot and left hand* "dididididid, pop". hehe

I'm not mocking you, I think drifting a truck is awesome. Just wish there were more leafspring to coilover kits.
                i really dont want to be rude....
                but seriously.. no one mentioned using the e brake...

also, on the tacoma.. the e brake is a handle under the dash

Comment

Im one of those who thinks its awesome and this info is good to know.

If you have anymoe pictures of you on the track id be interested in seeing; iuts always great to see something no one uses and unexpected doing what opther say it shouldnt be doing (if its done properly at least)

Comment

thanks, and here are the few i have
                    http://www.rushbaby.com/narush/truck/drifting/

Comment

Very good pics and viedeos, not bad considering what you have. A shorterwheel base would definetley help, unless yo ufeel youd rather practice on what you have and learn on that.

Comment

i dont really understand the people who think its stupid... rwd, super light rear end.. a new truck is more reliable than a 20 year old corolla :P

Comment

And whats wrong with my 86

I resent that, theres a stock gts at the junkyard with 320xxx miles on it... put that in ur reliability pipe and smoke it mine currently has 220xxx

Comment

and me complaining about 79K

Comment

Sideways GTS, that truck has a lot of front weight dist, how come you aren't raggin on him, but you'll claim my examples of a JZX110 have too front bias?

Anwyas, DJnarush... stop with the Ninja handa dude! Turn in, kick the clutch let the wheel slide through your hands.., ANTICIPATE when you want your truck to stop rotating and catch the wheel and hold it there.

Don't be so frantic, and also you need to start anticipating, bro. If you wait until it starts you'll counter too late!

Comment

Working...
                              X