• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always get a first generation non-VVTi twin turbo 1JZ

Comment

yeah....thats true.

Comment

but the conversion is pretty hard....being wiring and all...and banging out the firewall too....lol

but the 1jz aftermarket parts are rare in the states and VERY expensive...and the bottem end is good only to 500 whp...the 7m is a little more stout....but has its hinderences too

Comment

20b is an awesome engine, they make cose to 280 hp stock on twin turbos.. removes the turbos you get 250 hp NA, says a lot about those turbos doesnt it? japan has this magic numberthing.. dunno what or why...

Basicly port the 20b engine a bit 300+ hp na is easy enough to get, or keep the turbos and do some basic turbo work (intercooler upgrade better radiator up the boost blah blah) and your looking at a good 5-600 horsepower easy.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
            20b is an awesome engine, they make cose to 280 hp stock on twin turbos.. removes the turbos you get 250 hp NA, says a lot about those turbos doesnt it? japan has this magic numberthing.. dunno what or why...

Basicly port the 20b engine a bit 300+ hp na is easy enough to get, or keep the turbos and do some basic turbo work (intercooler upgrade better radiator up the boost blah blah) and your looking at a good 5-600 horsepower easy.
            I concur on that point!

but i didnt think that the turbos were that bad!
            And i didnt even know you could make such a powerful n/a rotory!!!!!!!!!

this is some good info...and food for thought....next project here i come

Comment

i got a n/a fc and mine is overheating
              Attached Files

Comment

Not that the turbos on the 20b suck, just such low boost i believe.. then again i dont have one so i cant say for sure; just going on what ive been told.

Comment

I would say that those turbos are great... In a stock car, they're pumping much less than 1bar (14psi), so using about a quarter of their potential. I've seen one RX-7 (it was in hte Import Racer mag) with a street ported 20B swapped in, stock turbos, and custom intercooler and radiator. Result? 550hp...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    I would say that those turbos are great... In a stock car, they're pumping much less than 1bar (14psi), so using about a quarter of their potential. I've seen one RX-7 (it was in hte Import Racer mag) with a street ported 20B swapped in, stock turbos, and custom intercooler and radiator. Result? 550hp...
                    it wouldn't happen to be the Pettit Racing FD track car would it?

Comment

Originally posted by mk3mann
                      What is the quad rotor set up?
                      where do i get one from? I have a video of the SCAT 4 rotor fd.....pretty hot eh?

lol...

i just want a good fun car for backroads....and highway miles...

how much do you think i can find a decent fc?
                      4 rotor engines arent bought nor you can buy them, YOU MAKE THE DAMN THING. these engines are custom made by a company. pretty crazy idea but it works.

Comment

Theflatlander, the car presented in IR was some guys yellow street car, and it indeed was from Pettit Racing. The track car's engine photos look impressive... Looks like the stock twins are still in use.

Comment

i got a n/a fc and mine is overheating

Flush the Radiator, and examine ite to be sure that all of your fins are straight on it. Also, be sure that all of your hosing is intact and check the oil levels and the oil cooler lines to be sure of a lack of leaks...when flushing make dayum sure ya get ALL of the air out. Grab a buddy to help ya out it may take a couple to a few hours. I had an FB, an 81 that was AWESOMELY reliable...it had an oil cooler leak, and eventually do to my street racing (which is dangerous and should not be done by the inexperienced or non-professional) I blew out the water pump. ya may want to check that also and if that along with the thermostat are good, then I have two words for you; Underdrive Pulley. At anyrate, start with the flush and thermostat and work your way around the list. Peace and good luck to ya.

Comment

^ also if after all that is done and you still have a heat problem, it could be something more serious like a blown coolant seal. Best way to test for this on an FC is to take the rad. cap off and start the motor(make sure engine is cold) if the seal is bad it will cause the coolant system to become pressurized by combustion and shoot coolant out. If not the seal is fine.

Comment

n/a rotaries are very tough, i've been running mine for 4 years now with over 300 passes and a fe track days with out any problems, you just need to stay on top of the maintance on them. As for the 20b talk good luck with that hope you have a fat checkbook

Comment

Haha, its true.. from what ive heard according to peopel who have done it its around 15 grand for everything to get it installed, adjust accordingly of course for "who you know"..very important when it comes to cars

Comment

Working...
                                X