No announcement yet.

quest for 10,000+ rpm red line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind how long those engines run at near redline, keep in mind what type of engines they are, and keep in mind the heat generated becasue of it. THey make it, but its poking at trouble you know

Comment

Bah, for me I drop in a 2zz, go with some new valve springs, a cam made for 10,000rpm, port & polish and woola, 10,000rpm MR2. Of course it already redlines at 8400rpm

Comment

It'd be much easier and far more practical to spend your money on an SR20. You'll get a much flatter torque curve, more power, better mileage, and better reliability. Plus, since the SR20 is a known quantity, you'll have a much easier time finding repair parts and fixing it than if you had a one-off, high dollar motor.
        why would i want a SR20? ok so theres plenty of em and theres heeps of parts for them in aus, but im not a fan of alloy blocks and crappy rockers, not my idea of fun. i wanna build a fun drift machine that'll preform well and not be complicated by turbos and other stuff "less is more". i'd rather stroke the CA18 to 1900cc than buy a SR20. im not exactly going for lighting fast car i'll leave that up to the R32 (which is pretty much stock). I can still find a great range of parts for the CA18 where i am you just gotta know where to look, plus the CA18 breathes better than the SR20

Comment

here it is
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X