ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what coilover setup should i get? question about tein he?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what coilover setup should i get? question about tein he?

i bought a s13 like two weeks ago and need a coilover set up pretty bad. i was looking at tien he's wich i heard are really good for drifting(wich is what i want to do)

my s13 is also my daily driver. i heard that the tien he's are horrible for your everyday drive but proform very well on the track.

so basically i was wondering if there was a coilover set with best of both worlds?

and if i were to get a different tien set up one that is edfc compatible could i just adjust the damping force when i want? could there be a better option for coilovers?

180SXs/200SXs/240SXs/Silvias/whatever perform really well on those coilovers. The car can be really well controlled. There's also the EDFC thing, which allows you to change the characteristics of your ride from the inside of your car. Great bang-for-the-buck ratio!

Comment

ya i heard that they proform good. but this is my daily driver and i heard the ride on the streets on the he is horrible.

also the he isn't compatable with the edfc control.

help pls...

Comment

Tein = taiwan made.... except for the higher end stuff....

Comment

Get Zeal Super Functions... hahaha nah j/k you don't want those, too stiff. Get Tanabes you'll be ok w/ those

Comment

ya i was lookin at the tanabe ss or ssII any expereince with those peoples ? good on teh street and track ?

Comment

I have HKS Hipermax II's and I daily drive on them. They are awesome on the track and street. The ride is very comfortable, yet they hold up cute on the track. Tanabe SS I hear are OK for street driving, DD's are not for street driving. It all depends on your budget. Tein is good to start off with because they're affordable and completely rebuildable.
              Nadine Hsu
              http://www.nadine180.com
              http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

silk roads!

Comment

the SPL KTS coilovers are nice. I have them on my S14. It is a little rough, but not much more than if you had good lowering springs and adjustable performance struts. They are 8kg/6kg springs rates which is the same as the TEIN HE's, but they supposedly perform better then even the TEIN RE's on the shock dyno. They are $1107 shipped which is not too bad. If you compare them side to side they have a beefier build than the TEIN's as well. And they are blue... :-)

They are fine for daily driving, just dont go jumping off curbs and such...

Comment

From what I have heard, Tanabe is the best set when it comes to fun-for-the-buck factor. I have also heard that Zeal Function D's are great because of their characteristics.

Comment

HKS Hipermax II = The Awesomeness. Good for street and track, plus monotube design.

Comment

all my freinds have HE and yeah i'll be getting them too. On setting one they feel a little stiffer than stock.

Comment

ok so i did some research and decide on two. but i have no idea on wich one i should get.

spl / kts coilovers (1040 shipped)
                          or
                          Tanabe Sustec Pro SS Coilovers (1246 plus shipping)

both are availible for overhaul.

so basically i would like to know what you guys think and how these perform on the track and how they perform on the street.

btw my s13 is my daily driver as well.

Comment

get the new one from kei-office my cousin up in japan told me that this one was the bomb on the steets...

Comment

In my opinion tein he's are the best coilovers for its price range. I got mine brand new for under 1,100. I daily drive on them set soft so I don't kill the shocks and they feel fine, and Atlanta streets suck.

If anyone bad mouths them I just tell them that Ken Gushi drifts with them so kiss my a$$.

by the way, if your lazy a$$ can't pop your hood and twist a knob with a allen wrench so you pay money for a edfc, you might wanna get shot, you @#%#$$ ricers.

Comment

Working...
                              X