Ka20de!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ka20de!!!

I been thinking of buying a 1997 240sx, but im thinking about the engine, its not sr20det, so it be slower, but can ka20de be a powerful engine???

are you talking about a ka24de, or a ka24de destroked to 2 liters?

Comment

is there other ka20de other that 2lit one??? all i know is the one on 240sx not the mini van one!!!

Comment

The 240sx comes with a ka24de motor or ka24e. a 2.4 liter engine not a 2.0 liter. the sr is 2.0 liters. everybody calls the ka a truck motor, not a minivan motor. There are a lot of people that are loyal to the ka and i have seen a few with 400 hp. so it can be a powerful engine. Both are good engines, some people just prefer one over the other.

- peace

p.s. i hope you were joking about the whole ka20de thing, but either way i hope that clears it up
        Last edited by 180maniac; 10-24-2004, 08:33 PM.

Comment

ohhh ok.... and people always said sr20det is better, so whats good about it other than its the real engine in japan and it has turbo???

Comment

people like it because it starts out with more hp than a ka, it has a turbo, and there are a lot of parts for it since it is such a popular car in japan. but others don't like it because if you install it yourself, it still costs 2 grand to have a stock engine and everything, and they say people get it to be jdm tight. just go whichever is easier for you and which you like better. don't buy it just because it came from the car in japan. also the ka24 has more torque than the sr which can be helpful. i'm not the most knowledgable person though, just use the search button and you'll find a lot of stuff on this topic.

- peace

Comment

Originally posted by 180maniac
              The 240sx comes with a ka24det motor or ka24e. a 2.4 liter engine not a 2.0 liter. the sr is 2.0 liters. everybody calls the ka a truck motor, not a minivan motor. There are a lot of people that are loyal to the ka and i have seen a few with 400 hp. so it can be a powerful engine. Both are good engines, some people just prefer one over the other.

- peace

p.s. i hope you were joking about the whole ka20de thing, but either way i hope that clears it up
              the 240sx comes with a ka24det??????
              What planet are you on that a 240 come with a ka24det!!!

Comment

After christmas I want to build a KA21DET

Z22 block, KA head, L20b crankshaft, 4G63 rods and 300zx pistons.

86mm stroke and 89 bore. It will be one beast.

Comment

hey i been trying to read as many thread about this but i dont get what the FUC is red, or blue top???

Comment

OK calm down. Use your time and make questions i can understand. KA42E and KA24DE are real motors that come in the 240sx. KA20DE does not exist or is in some irrelavent truck that nobody cares about. KA21DET is a made up motor that I named and would like to create using all sorts of Mistubishi, datsun and nissan parts.

Red tops are early model SR20DET that came in Japanese silvias and 180sx's.

Blue tops I have never heard of and the Black tops are SR20DET's found in later model 180sx's and Silvias.

Take your time and read on www.zilvia.net and www.nicoclub.com

both are great sources of info. Good luck.

Comment

could you only get a anew crank and destroke it, if so, from wich car/engine. I think stock ka stoke is 96, huge compared to the 86mm of the sr

Comment

yeah sry about that ka24det think, i accidently hit the t. I did it twice i just missed that first one when i went back an edited it. I'm not a complete moron, just kinda one

- peace

Comment

Originally posted by Ichi-Go
                          OK KA21DET is a made up motor that I named and would like to create using all sorts of Mistubishi, datsun and nissan parts.
                          your made up engine sounds cool!!! wanna make me one

Comment

LOL maybe.

After I build mine if I can find some more donor cars I might be able to sell them. Cheaper than SR and better.

Comment

would it be possible to destroke the ka without a custom crank being built? IE lb20 or somethink similar.

Comment

Working...
                              X