Tire size HELP!!! 15" Enkei dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire size HELP!!! 15" Enkei dishes

Sups all I need help in tires sizes. I have a set of 15"x7 Enkei Dish wheels and was wondering what offset tires do I buy, I have no clue to what sizez and offsets tires to buy. Any help would be appreciated.

I am wondering the same thing. 15x7 and 15x7.5 for my 240sx. Not too sure what size tires to put on the wheels for the spring.

Comment

Tires don't have offsets get 215s or 205s as for sidewall size get 50 if it is a corolla or 55-60 if it is a 240, unless you want to be cool and get 50 series sidwall on a 240 like me.
      Last edited by LOVMUFN; 10-28-2004, 10:57 AM.

Comment

My 240 is lowered only an inch. Do you think 205/50/15 in the front and 215/50/15 in the rear would rub?

Comment

205/50 with look ghey. Get a 205/55.

I hope you didnt actually mean what offset tires to get. If you did, then you should give me those wheels and your life.

Just kidding.

For tire sizes the first number is width in mm and the second is the percent of the first number this number tells the sidewall height. The third number is the rim size.

205/55-15 means its 205mm wide and 112mm high and will have a 15 inch hole in the center.

Hope I helped somebody out.

Comment

It wouldn't look 'ghey' you would just have a little extra wheel gap. Get coilovers, dump the F#$@ out of the car and then no more wheel gap. If the car is only lowered an inch the gap will still be conciderable with 55 series. If you care about wheel gap just get 60, they still won't rub. 1 inch is a pretty mild lowering job so you don't need to worry about tire rub. The only place a 60 series will rub is if you are going sideways and you don't have any caster adjustments and you let the car pull the wheel onto the frame. I run 50 series on a 240 and it does not look 'ghey' or have excessive wheel gap, beyond that, you should not tell people that their *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* is lame when they chose functionality over looks especailly when learning.
            Last edited by LOVMUFN; 10-28-2004, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Do you have Azenis?

Comment

Thanks LOVMUFN, I am buying coilovers so your post answered my question. Passing the springs and shocks to my friend's 240. Not too concerned with looks at all really. I only see the inside of my car 99% of the time anyways. LOVMUFN, you said you are running on 50mm sidewalls? How much did you drop your 240?

Comment

I am sorry if I offended anybody but even after I explained the entire deal. I still got the 50mm comment. I understand that smaller sidewalls perform better I was running 215/40-16 and they were awesome with turn in and break away.

Luvmufn are you running Azenis?
                  Last edited by Ichi-Go; 10-28-2004, 06:14 PM.

Comment

WOWOWOWOWOW... no one said 50mm sidewalls. 50 series does not mean 50mm.

If you are going to whine about looks I was giving you a way to fix it tard. My car is really low, I run 50 series sidewalls, it looks fine. The less sidewall flex you have the faster your car responds, the stiffer the sidewall the less flex you have, one way to make a sidewall stiffer is to make it smaller. Stop being a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, he is trying to learn something. He doesn't need you to be an *Censored**Censored**Censored*. I am sure you were born with all car knowledge for all cars.

Comment

ichi-go.... don't alter your posts to hide what you said. if you think you need to apologize, then apologize, but be a man and leave what you said up there. We all say dumb stuff, but don't edit it and make the guy after you look as dumb as you.

Comment

I run Yokohama ES100 195-50-15, rocken on stock 7-spoke alloys. some are painted black for that cool look, but the tire shops don't match the colors of the rims so I always end up looking SUPER cool with some black and some silver. I am too poor to buy nice rims. If I could I would get Longchamp XR-4 15X8, yes I would keep 15in.

Comment

OK I am sorry. I said something about 50mm sidewalls and that they asked what offset they were.

There ya go.

Es100 is a great tire. Good choice. Can you post pics of the size and lowered please.

Comment

No need to appologize Ichi-Go. I posted about "50mm" sidewalls. Didn't read your explaination too well. My mistake. But I didn't ask about "tire offsets".

Comment

what would you guys think about 195/55/15 on a pair of 15x7, would that be good, or is that too narrow for the wheel, it is on a s13 if it matters

Comment

Working...
                              X