No announcement yet.

Tire size HELP!!! 15" Enkei dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to have as much meat on the ground as possible. 195/55 is still relatively skinny, especially if you're running ES100s, which are very good tires, but not up to the grip levels of the FAS or Ecsta MX. If you're planning on light-level touge and drifting, the Falken Azenis Sport is the tire of choice. However, if you plan on hotlapping at a racetrack, I'd highly recommend the Kumho Ecsta MX in 205/50.

I'm running 205/50 Falken Azenis Sports and don't often wish for more grip. They'll fit well on a 15x7 with less deflection than mine have on the stock 15x6. I'm actually waiting until this January, when the next-gen Azenis Sports come out... I'm hoping they've made a 215/50-15 or a 225/45-15. That way, I have a reason to get 15x7s all around.

Comment

I cant wait for the new Azenis.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        If you're planning on light-level touge and drifting, the Falken Azenis Sport is the tire of choice.
        It may be your tire of choice... but don't say that it is THE tire of choice. How many people did you survey for this information? Yourself and a few of your friends?

According to information gathered by Drift Association LLC. the tire of choice for event going people is not Falken but Yokohama's tires. Granted that is not model specific and it is a close margin but at least it is gathered with real information. Instead of some BS someone on the internet pulls out of their *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

http://www.driftday.com/dem_tire.htm

I am not saying Azenis Sports are bad tires, personaly I would have to say Neova AD05 are my personal favorite. That doesn't make them the tire of choice for anything.

And putting 'as much meat on the ground as possible' is not realy the best way to do things for everyone. If you go too wide you will get a lot of sidewall flex and sidewall munching.
        Last edited by LOVMUFN; 10-30-2004, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Have you ever driven Neovas?

I have only ever seen one set of Neoves and the guy owns a importing company so he brought them from Japan. I would take Neovas over Azenis but you cant get them and they are expensive.

Comment

Yes, I have driven on Neovas, I have roasted a full set drifting. (best smelling tire EVER) After they had a decent life, that is. I got a set of AD05s from a friend of mine who got them from Japan. He gave them to me after he got a set of the newer AD07s. You can get them in 195-50-15 for a little more than 500 a set... and like 4 months of shipping time... worth it? All I have to say is I run ES100s for a reason.

Comment

Thanks for the criticism, Lov... they remind me that someone out there cares.

I didn't need to survey anyone. The amount of competitors in the SCCA SoloII street class who run Falken Azenis RT-215s kinda clued me in. So did the low price.

Drifters probably choose Yokohamas because they can stretch, and we all know that's JDM-tyte. All I know is that the ES100 has a less stiff sidewall than the RT-215 and slightly less grip.

Don't assume I know nothing about sidewall flex due to incorrect sizing. However, with the RT-215, sidewall flex isn't as big of an issue, as the sidewalls are incredibly stiff. (Hence the heavier-than-normal weight of the carcass)

Comment

If you go too wide you will get a lot of sidewall flex and sidewall munching.
                PLEASE tell me you are referring to tires that are too wide for a specific rim width. If you are just talking about wide tires in general, it's soooo wrong. I'll give you the benefit of doubt however...

personally, I like wide tires.. sticky ones.. preferrably slicks... aren't too good for drifting mind you! :P

Comment

Working...
                X