No announcement yet.

RX7 TURBO or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My suggestion is to get a n/a fc in fair shape. rebuild the motor and street port it and you'll have no problem getting sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
      You dont judst throw a turbo onto a Na Fc, you need the entire Tii drivetrain as well; the swap (unless you got a hook up) will cost you more then if you just sold yoru car and flat out bought a Tii
      my turbo kit is only costing me a little under 2k(not bad considering my car will run at least 2+ secs faster in the 1/4 mi, have a hell of a better power band, and just be a lot more fun to drive), but i have friends that can help with fabrication and what not so that keeps cost down a lot. And the n/a drivetrain will hold up fine as long as you keep drag racing to a minimum.
      Last edited by theflatlander; 12-01-2004, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Disclaimer: I'm a TII owner, and probably biased.

Originally posted by NismoSigma
        Some people have failed to mention that the RX-7 turbo isnt exactly a dream to work on. They
        Of the cars I've done extensive work on (e.g. turbo swaps, engine swaps), the TII is the easiest car I've ever messed with (excluding my mom's '78 Chevy truck).

There's plenty of room in the engine bay. The layout of the engine components is clean. The factory service manual is clear. Fastener sizes are sane. Obtaining parts is easy, and (relatively) cheap. Doing an engine swap is a one-man job.

usually get messed up, especially when drifting, but if its what you want than go for it. I personally would go with the GLX cause its a bit more reliable.
        Maybe. My TII's original motor was pulled at 132k, because of a leaking coolant seal (it still ran fine).

The only advice I can give a prospective rotary owner is: ask yourself if you're the kind of person that does things 'the right way', the first time. If you aren't, then don't get a rotary; you'll just blow it up and piss yourself off.

Comment

Granted your NA drivetrain might be ok after you install a turbo if your not racing around, but then whats the point of the turbo in the first place then

You can pick up a pretty good Tii for around 3500-400 depending on where you are and if its s5 or s4, so if the swap cost you 2000 and you got friends who can help you keep the price down- i guess it depends on how much you payed for the fc in the first place.

added: Curse my horrible typing
          Last edited by SidewaysGts; 12-01-2004, 02:52 AM.

Comment

yeah what ever just keep listening to tai mai shu and hoping ur engine dont broke up...

Comment

Working...
            X