APC Drifting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grift
    man for being a "professional" driftxtreem you sure do get pissed quite easily. APC products ARE crap. If they plan on making better stuff, great. Sure it takes big companies like APC to bring drfiting to the US. However big companies like APC should also know that making a quality product goes a long way too. I am glad companies like APC are out there to support the sport/industry I am sure this goes for everyone else when I say this -there are to many people/companies that do stuff cause it is the cool thing to do-just like street racing when the whole mess started to get big and those posers ruined it and I do not want that to happen to drifing It seems APC is just jumping on the band wagon, if they are in for the long haul great. As far a F&F goes the first movie was a miss representation of the import scene however still watchable but the second movie was complete crap if f&f 3 comes out and it sucks like 2 did I will waste my money else where
    I apriciate your coments everybodys coments. I am angry that without any knowlage how people can get crazy. I have said this too many times, APC will not be building drift crap. They will be distributing and or manufacturing quality parts designed by profesionals. This is not to get on any band wagon. How many Us companys were involved in the drift seen two years ago. Falken, Yokohama. I dont see any Us conection here. Apc has took the time to prepare themselvs for drift, One by not jumping on any bandwagon like the 50 so manufactures that came out this year. "2 years ago 2001 " who else was doing anything then do you see NO BAND WAGAN. yea some of there parts are crap who give a flyin, people need to get there facts strait before condemnation. Good thing they were'nt up for murder or they would already be guilty before trial.

Comment

driftxtreem: defend your sponsors. they are providing you an opportunity to 'get it done' Most people are to shallow to see past the 'alteeza' lights or other stuff APC has made.

Guys ever stop to think that they sell 'what people want' or else they wouldnt be as big as they are?

Now they are in a position to create quality parts along side of the lower end parts to those who want/can afford them.

We all do what we have to do to get to where we want to be in life.......same goes for buisiness.

If they start coming out with high end, quality parts that you like,then you own the little ricers at your local HIN a 'thank you' for buying the rice stuff so that you can get the good stuff.

If you want to be a factor in the scene it Helps to understand the 'buisiness' side before taking shots at a company.

Comment

Originally posted by grift
        man for being a "professional" driftxtreem you sure do get pissed quite easily. APC products ARE crap. If they plan on making better stuff, great. Sure it takes big companies like APC to bring drfiting to the US. However big companies like APC should also know that making a quality product goes a long way too. I am glad companies like APC are out there to support the sport/industry I am sure this goes for everyone else when I say this -there are to many people/companies that do stuff cause it is the cool thing to do-just like street racing when the whole mess started to get big and those posers ruined it and I do not want that to happen to drifing It seems APC is just jumping on the band wagon, if they are in for the long haul great. As far a F&F goes the first movie was a miss representation of the import scene however still watchable but the second movie was complete crap if f&f 3 comes out and it sucks like 2 did I will waste my money else where
        You should really take a biz101 class and realize that it is a double edge sword you're dealing with

F&F is a MOVIE, not a documentary....good lord: its a damn movie folks, nothing more, nothing less....its for ENTERTAINMENT, not a 'How to'.

Enjoy it for what it is....if you're looking for a movie to give you clues about street racing then please let us all know what block you live on so we can avoid it

Street racing is stupid anyway

Comment

Im not impressed so far with what APC has made,If they do a good job with there"drift products" then im cool with it..BUT if they suck, welll then it will be even worse...

Comment

.... but apc built a saturn vue.....

that's a ticket to hades right there holmes.

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
              Im not impressed so far with what APC has made,If they do a good job with there"drift products" then im cool with it..BUT if they suck, welll then it will be even worse...
              true

Comment

driftxtreme is right you guys should just shut up and listen to him.

Comment

Driftxtreem probably knows alot more about APC than we ever will since he's sponsored by them. The reason why most of the people don't like them is because of their reputation they've created for themselves so far. As far as most of us can see, they make cheap stuff for cheap people with ugly Hondas and stuff. They may be trying to head in a new direction but with the involvement they've had in stuff like "The Fast and the Furious" they've played a major role in cheapening our identity as "import enthusiasts." Not to say they're neccessarily a bad company. Personally, I would never buy anything from them until they have made a complete turn-around.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                    You should really take a biz101 class and realize that it is a double edge sword you're dealing with

F&F is a MOVIE, not a documentary....good lord: its a damn movie folks, nothing more, nothing less....its for ENTERTAINMENT, not a 'How to'.

Enjoy it for what it is....if you're looking for a movie to give you clues about street racing then please let us all know what block you live on so we can avoid it

Street racing is stupid anyway
                    yeah. I know the double edge sword thing and I have taken the biz class thanks . That is why I said something like APC if they can start making good produts more power to them if they can make the drfit scene better and if they help bring real drifters that can show others (the US) how to properly drift and set up their cars great. I am just saying APC should make sure the products they make for their drift line does not suck like their previous goods

as for the fast and furious I think you may have read me wrong or something
                    The fast and furious is for entertainment however it is suppose to be a representation of the import scene. and NO I do not look at the movie for "clues" on how to race. I was street racing way before that movie ever came out. I have since stopped because of the movie. It brought out all the people that saw it and want take part and intern that has made street racing evern more dangerous than before due to the numbers of unskilled/ un responsible drivers taking part. YES F&F IS JUST A DAMN MOVIE AND I DO ENJOY IT --WHEN THE MUTE BUTTON IS ON
                    I get your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by spock
                      Driftxtreem probably knows alot more about APC than we ever will since he's sponsored by them. The reason why most of the people don't like them is because of their reputation they've created for themselves so far. As far as most of us can see, they make cheap stuff for cheap people with ugly Hondas and stuff. They may be trying to head in a new direction but with the involvement they've had in stuff like "The Fast and the Furious" they've played a major role in cheapening our identity as "import enthusiasts." Not to say they're neccessarily a bad company. Personally, I would never buy anything from them until they have made a complete turn-around.

I think this guy hit it on the nose. Well said

Comment

DRIFTXTREME - do you know if the HKS team will be running those "euro" style taillights this season for d1? who made those anyways, Final Konnexion?

another question, when did Keiichi come out here back in the day? wasnt it like '96? Ken Nomura came out also right? tehy brought out a silver rps13 yes?

there were only a handfull of people who knew about it i think.

anyhow, i look forward to the US d1 coming up. i hope it doesnt get postponed.

when is this "drift works" line coming out and what products are they making?

Comment

Okay, APC sucks. But they must be very smart to push drifting like they have because they are going to make a load full of cash and that is all they care about. See driftxtreme, we hate APC for their quality not them pushing drifting in the US like they have been. I am sure even you would rather take a sponsorship from a company that has better quality in their parts and actually produces drift products rather then APC. But if you had that choice you would of taken it and wouldn't of had to deal with all the crap that the drifters give you for your APC sponsorship. We all know that they pay you good and that is why you took it. As it stands I still hate APC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                            DRIFTXTREME - do you know if the HKS team will be running those "euro" style taillights this season for d1? who made those anyways, Final Konnexion?

another question, when did Keiichi come out here back in the day? wasnt it like '96? Ken Nomura came out also right? tehy brought out a silver rps13 yes?

there were only a handfull of people who knew about it i think.

anyhow, i look forward to the US d1 coming up. i hope it doesnt get postponed.

when is this "drift works" line coming out and what products are they making?
                            You will probobly see alot of cars with those lights, But yea the HKS car has them. As for the original maker I am not sure but everybody and there dog is selling them for 390 a set. If my memery serves me right I think it was Besiege that firt brought them out.

Comment

I look at both views, and I agree with both. I think APC should come out with some Drift products. After all they helped promote the D1 in irwindale.

Would like to see what they do come out with

til then if it is about drifting I am bout it

Monkey Works
                              Drift Garage
                              Last edited by GranMastrDrift; 01-01-2004, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Yes but unfortunately entertainment breeds a whole line of morons that hurt themselves and others. San Diego is the most burnt out street racing spot on the map, you can get fined exorbitant fees and spend a night in jail for being caught watching a street race. I've seen several accidents on the news where kids dont know what the hell they've been doing, and innocent people die because of it.

I'm not here to start *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, but I think that your comment could be applicable to some of the enthusiasts on this board, and not the idiot trend hoppers that unfortunately make companies like APC rich. They even interviewed people on the news that were at street racing asking them if the F&F influenced them. The reason why 2F2F sucked so bad? The studio was taking heat because of all the kids killing themselves, they had to make the movie ludicrous.

You can preach all you want about how APC helped bring the drivers over here, I'm not denying that one minute. What you have to understand is how these companies will eventually destroy what they're trying to promote. After F&F3 hits the theatres, all you canyon/touge racers can kiss your spots goodbye. We can successfuly watch civics slide into rock faces and more people will hurt themselvs. I'm not trying to hate on FFs by using civics as examples, but do you think these bandwagon hoppers will learn the proper ways to drift FF? Hell no! These are the same type of people that shoot people at the drags because they lost. I mean no disrespect to Driftxtreem or what he's trying to accomplish, it's business after all. Just think of the ramifications of milking drifting. How many people on this board used to be into the drag racing scene but then watched as it was commercialized once hollywood got a hold of it? Sorry for ranting so long but this is something I was on the fence about. Of course I want to see japanese drivers and events like D1 brought over here, but at the same time I'm afraid of what that might eventually do to the sport.

I'm not trying to seem ungrateful I'm just weighing the pros and cons of it, I know that if it weren't for APC, there wouldnt be as much funding for the shows and drivers, I'm just typing out my fears into this post. I apologize if anyone was offended by this, I'm not trying to promote either side of the argument, I just dont know if I can truly feel either way about companies like APC and drifting if they maintain their shitty product lines and marketing schemes, and the worst fear of all: Tokyo F&F 3
                                Last edited by Weapon X; 01-01-2004, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X