APC Drifting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by driftxtreem
    Just one question to all. What has Initial D done to the sport in your opinion. I know what it has done to it here in Japan.

Most of the coments made here reflect exactly what it has done for the sport here, as well as the merchandise and so forth. Another pokemon
    Initial D didn't do anything for me. I never really got in to anime. Elaborate for me will you? I don't live in Japan therefore I have no way of knowing what it did.

Comment

Well, being an american and drifting in japan getting a sponsor is SOOOOOOO
      difficult. I would love to have a APC sponsor.. hell, I would even accept to be
      flown to the USA just so i could compete..

Comment

ok first of all mr. APC sponsor .....APC in america was like the #1 shop for rice soo cops can have an easier time spotting them out.....now that APC is into the drifting aftermarket its becoming the GAYEST thing ever...its basically rice drifter....here in america its much different....if ur *Censored**Censored**Censored* even has a muffler be aware that most cops will pull u over just for that....APC is sponsoring soo the spectators can be like "OHH WOW THEIR GOOD AND THEIR FROM APC" ...soo then they buy apc products and drive that crap on the road for everybody to see...then they start hanging out with the street drifters which attracts the cops....and it basically it turns into the import drag scene down here in socal.. all im saying is the companies who do sponsoring are the worst aftermarket companies i have ever seen...seriously APC sucks...if u wanna get sponsored from them then i feel sorry for you.... but hey its just my opinion if i was a pro drifter i would try to get any sponsor its just that its odd for peeps to like APC... APC to me is like Hot Wheels compared to real cars... FAKE AND FULL OF SHINY PARTS .....but hey its just my .02 ......

Comment

its funny the company that makes the worst possible stuff for cars and the cheapest, its the most popular, others like tanabe, cusco, apexi, etc.. they arent nearly as popular as apc well around here there not, I live in michigan and no one has any jdm stuff, its all apc, weapon R and that other crap if you ask me apc is just a poser company that trys to be cool.

Comment

How about some cheap tenzo R knock offs.. what wil they think of next, Tenzo R RS watanabes (sp?)

Comment

COMING SOON!!! BOLT ON NEON GLOW TURBOS!!! BOO YAH!

Comment

u mean clear plastic turbos so u can see the amazing spooling action

Comment

Oviously you guys have no clue how riced out the drift sceen in Japan is. And it aint got one thing to do with APC. Here is an example shall I list more.
                  Attached Files

Comment

shall I list more.
                    Yes.Correct me if I'm wrong,but didn't "rice" start in Japan,not vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint
                      Yes.Correct me if I'm wrong,but didn't "rice" start in Japan,not vice versa.
                      "RICE" As in JDM cars, or what you guys in the states did to them. Does the term "RICE" meen the fully soick shyte thats beating down the streets in the states. If so Japan was about 3 years behind.

Comment

http://www.takakaira.co.jp/asp/templ...LlHiIidfEgcjFe
                        Yep. They got rice there, too.

Comment

No, I think you aren't buying the right Japanese magazines. If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you mighta been sticking fuzzy dice on your rearview in your Camaro and buying skull shift knobs. It's the same deal. The concept of putting cheap crap on your car is certainly not a recent idea and it's not restricted to our country. But it's not about where it started. It's always been everywhere. To suggest that Japan does not have rice is absurd. Interior neon, zillions of cupholders and air fresheners, clear and indiglow gauges, clear tail lights...many of these things hit Japan far before they were stateside. With styles like VIP plenty of pointless bolt-ons and gaudy crap is being made for sale there. I certainly don't know if I'd want to get into a 'who has more rice' pissing contest with Japan because I might drown. I think the reason it is such a huge problem here is because most people in the US think that because they bolt some cheap plastic tail lights on their cars it somehow makes them a tuner...a force to be reckoned with on the street. Because of this constant attitude and ignorance rice manufacturers are a thorn in the side of tuning enthusiasts.

Originally posted by nightracer
                          What that guy said was bullsh!t. The US scene invented rice in attempt to copy the Japanese tuners. You don't see the kinda crap from Japan on their cars thats done to the Japanese cars over here. When America gets its hands on things in big numbers it bastardizes them. Sorta why people weren't happy to see APC and other big companies jumping in on the drifting bandwagon.

Comment

no dude u got it all wrong...its only the cheap mofos in the US that dont have enough money to buy "REAL" parts...soo they resort to PEP BOIS and buy cheap *Censored**Censored**Censored* parts and sometimes theyll add that rice on their car because they dont have any money to make their car fast soo they buy APC products to look fast soo they dont look all embarrest.....but its mostly the non racers who put rice on their car sooo everybody else will think their cool or somthn because the average people in the US who arnt racers think u need a wing on every car to be fast soo when they see this non racer with rice they all think hes fast

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
                              No, I think you aren't buying the right Japanese magazines. If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you mighta been sticking fuzzy dice on your rearview in your Camaro and buying skull shift knobs. It's the same deal. The concept of putting cheap crap on your car is certainly not a recent idea and it's not restricted to our country. But it's not about where it started. It's always been everywhere. To suggest that Japan does not have rice is absurd. Interior neon, zillions of cupholders and air fresheners, clear and indiglow gauges, clear tail lights...many of these things hit Japan far before they were stateside. With styles like VIP plenty of pointless bolt-ons and gaudy crap is being made for sale there. I certainly don't know if I'd want to get into a 'who has more rice' pissing contest with Japan because I might drown. I think the reason it is such a huge problem here is because most people in the US think that because they bolt some cheap plastic tail lights on their cars it somehow makes them a tuner...a force to be reckoned with on the street. Because of this constant attitude and ignorance rice manufacturers are a thorn in the side of tuning enthusiasts.
                              I think your time line is a little off. I have been here in Japan since before the VIP car and all that. Before Rice hit Japan it was the lowrider and the Astro Vans that were getting stupid. And before that it WAS cup holders and air freshners, and thos god forsaken Addzest stikers on everything. Kinda like the GTR badge on a Mustang. Ill admit I probobly had the first "Ricer" in Japan but it was used for a demo car and far from tunned.

Comment

here .... if u like APC then ur *Censored**Censored**Censored*....if u wanna get sponsored by them then ur *Censored**Censored**Censored*....if you like rice...then ur *Censored**Censored**Censored*....if u think different of this you are truely *Censored**Censored**Censored*.... end of thread no more BS replies

Comment

Working...
                                X