drifting in japan, 1st mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drifting in japan, 1st mods?

i was wondering what the majority of people (in japan) do to there cars first when trying to get into drifting ...like after you bought the car whats the first mods you guys go for???

thanks

Suspension!!!!

Comment

NO! Limited Slip Differential (LSD), then suspension. You CANNOT !no matter what! drift competitively without some kind of limited slip differential. Some people will debate this....but trust me, it is NECESARRY. The next step is to get coilover suspension. That is all you will need to get started drifting. After you improve, I would get into the suspension a little more. You can add some power mods but you will not NEED power. There are people who drift 130ps AE86s COMPETITIVELY in Japan with just suspension mods and LSD. They are proof that crazy power isnt necesarry. NE WAYZ enough ranting.......

Comment

LSD definitely, the suspension

Comment

just git-r done! drift! practice practice practice!BUT i woulndt practice to much without have a properly set up car you tend to get bad habits from a bad set up!

Comment

ok now let me ask this.. i am looking into the first big step into making my car more geared toward drifting but it is still ym daily driver..what type of lsd would u suggest for a novic drifter who daily drives his car???do u think a vlsd would work??(is it really a big improvement from open diff??)

Comment

Get a KAAZ 1.5 way LSD. Info found at www.kaazusa.com

Comment

if your in japan I believe if your getting a s13, 14 or 15 it comes with a vlsd. that will work for you since your starting off. Once you get the hang of it and want a stronger bite upgrade to a clutch type lsd. I would do suspension, and a seat to start off with. If you were buying a us s13,14 then i would say suspension, seat, and lsd. Most importantly have fun, be safe.

Comment

i dont live in japan.. i just wanted to see how they do things..was interested :P ...anyone drift a 1.5way...i know it would work and work good but is there a big difference between 1.5 and 2 way (i know the difference but never driven either of em)

ps. i dont think s15 comes with a vlsd its a helical lsd.

Comment

does kaaz make a 1.5way for s13..also where can i buy cusco and tomei and kaaz lsd??? thanks (more worried about finding cusco and tomei since everyone sells kaaz..)

Comment

I'm sure most shops can order them

Comment

im nearly 100% sure kaaz makes 1.5 way lsds for S13s

Comment

Yea im sure too. Oh and for daily driving GET THE 1.5 WAY!!!! If you get a 2 way, stuff like parallel parking is supposed 2 be almost impossible. But still, I wouldnt personally know because Ive never driven a car w/ a 2 way.

Comment

Yeah they do have 1.5's but for a novice and if you dont wanna spend the big bucks just pick up a j30 or z32 diff and have fun with that.

Comment

i appreciate all your help. and thanks
                              everyone

problem with j30 diff is i dont have abs so id have to get an abs driveshaft and i already bought a driveshaft for my 5spd conversion thats not abs ..im not buying another drive shaft lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X