No announcement yet.

information on ae86/ae85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In america the AE86 body code was the only chassis shipped, they cut the many of the AE86-AE85 of japan into two, either the Corolla SR5, or the Corolla GT-S.

Specs, GT-S

DOHC 4-AG(E) Motor
    5-Speed T-50 Transmisson
    Factory Equipped LSD Rear Differental
    Rear Disc Brakes, Some ABS some Non ABS
    Nice interior

Specs, SR5

SOHC4-AC Motor
    5-Speed T-50 Transmisson, but smaller bellhousing.
    Non-LSD
    Rear Drum brakes
    Terrible Interior.

The SR5 was the AE86 body, though it was differnt from the GT-S in body panels and bumpers.

Riceboy: Call my car an 85 and I'll stick you in the jaw, its a 86...says so on the vin...Unless you actully know what the hell your talking about shut up.

Comment

SR5 difference from GT-S is also chassic bracing, engine, suspension arm size, rear diff size, interior, instrumentation, and much more.

Comment

suspension componets are the same, there is no difference in the chassis strength.

Comment

Just a Joke

Seriously guys, it was just a joke. Refrencing Initial D..haha...funny. I'm here to create a little humor and get valuable info. If you guys don't get jokes, fine, I wont try to make them. I'm not here to get threatened by punks that drive 85s(my bad ) Only useful posts from now on, I promise(to the best of my ability )

Comment

This site is all the TECH info you need about HACHIs okay.

This will save you one compiling any tech FAQ about Hachis.

http://www.club4ag.com/technical_main.htm

have fun reading, because its alot to adsorb

Reading is a beautiful thing people.

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
              Just to help you out.. The USA Never got the AE85. It makes me worried that soo many people think SR5 Corollas are AE85s.
              I hear you, when I was selling my SR5 on ebay, I listed it as an AE86 and all I got was emails from people tellng me to stop lying and that I was an idiot, then I would just tell them to look at the VIN

Comment

Originally posted by RiceRocket
                Man, dont you guys ever watch Initial D.....the 85 is a SOHC and the 86 a DOHC Get an 85 and people will laugh at you. Thats all you really need to know.
                HAHAHAHA another person who gets car info from Initial D....geez

AE85 and AE86 SOHC's are different motors!

Comment

Working...
                X