FC or not FC, that is the question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC or not FC, that is the question.

I'm trying to get my hands on a 240sx. the trouble is, there are no manual 240's on the market in my area for under $3k (I'm lookin for an s13). There are a few autos, but i dont like automatics.

anyway, my question is, should i settle for an automatic, just wait for a manual to come out, or just get an FC RX-7?

i was thinkin that if i got an FC, i could maybe swap out the engine for an SR20, but then i was thinkin that i'd prolly run into some size issues with the chassis holdin the engine. there is a difference in hood room between an fc and an s13. Is there another engine to drop in? what should i do?

SR20 should fit with some modification. Here's a link to another forum that has pics of an SR20 swap into an FD:

SR20DET in an FD

I wouldn't think it would be any harder to put one in an FC. Maybe it is. Oh well. Of course you could also try this:

1JZGTE in an FC

I'm a rotor head so I'd go for the FC before anything but I'm not you so....
    Last edited by Misthael; 02-26-2004, 12:07 PM.

Comment

a friend of mine put a sr20 in his FC

Comment

Just get a 240...with thinking like that, you couldnt handle the fc. Your brain is already doing leaps and bounds on a subject that you dont understand. If your only or main intent in driving is drifting then just try to find a 240 if u can, and start out with that. Its an easier drifting car then the fc (well for me it was), and you wont have to deal with small difference like the rear toe steering which gets annoying (which can be eliminated though). The 240s a great car for drifting and seems to be much more user friendly for inexperienced drivers (not saying you necessarily are).
        Last edited by P1STON2ROTARY; 02-26-2004, 01:42 PM.

Comment

why all this talk about a sr20det when you can swap ina 13b turbo motor much easier, if you don't like rotaries don't buy a rx7

Comment

Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
            Just get a 240...with thinking like that, you couldnt handle the fc. Your brain is already doing leaps and bounds on a subject that you dont understand. If your only or main intent in driving is drifting then just try to find a 240 if u can, and start out with that. Its an easier drifting car then the fc (well for me it was), and you wont have to deal with small difference like the rear toe steering which gets annoying (which can be eliminated though). The 240s a great car for drifting and seems to be much more user friendly for inexperienced drivers (not saying you necessarily are).

haha jeez seems like all these kids want to do engien swaps and stuff....cause itll make them better laffles

Comment

well, i would love a 240, but there are none in my area. thats the problem. i dont know how long im gonna have to wait to get one. this is why im looking in to other options (namely the FC). i like fc's, but could you give me a list of cars (other than 240 and FC) under 2 grand that are RWD? thanx if you can. I know there are more out there (plenty) but im on a budget here!

Comment

3 grand* sorry. im not that broke.

Comment

1992 Toyota Cressida

Comment

no offense, but that thing is fugly.

Comment

Originally posted by SDRotary
                      why all this talk about a sr20det when you can swap ina 13b turbo motor much easier, if you don't like rotaries don't buy a rx7
                      I don't have a problem with rotaries. i just like to be different (no comments on the 240. i like the way it looks and the pwr it can make).

one more question: do FCs have a back seat? i need a back seat. i dont think the convertible does. i could be wrong tho.

Comment

Man you must not be looking to hard then. My brother has 2 of em. One with an RB in it. Plus he can find you plenty of them. www.tophatperformance.com, out in Conyers.

Comment

No RX-7 has rear seats.

Comment

some of the FC were converted into 2+2 as they were soldwith a back seat in europe/japan....

Comment

Cressida is jzx81 chaser or mark II how could that be ugly

Comment

Working...
                              X