No announcement yet.

signs of a bad drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All this talk about bad drifter gets me wondering? Do you mean a bad drifter as in someone that has done it for a while just doesnt have very good technique, or are you talking about someone that is just starting to learn how to drift and doesnt have technique yet? I just started trying to drift a while go back. To learn how to handle a car sideways in a turn i would use (before my conquest) my eclipse gs in the snow. I am glad i did that because i dont think i would know how to handle my quest as good as i do right now. The quest is my first rwd car not to mention is turboed, and there is a very big difference in power, but i can control the quest fairly good for only having about a month of being behind the wheel. Im still learning and working on technique, so does that make me a bad drifter?

just my .02 cents,
    josh

PS: i watch initial D for entertainment, and i dload drift vids online to study and learn (aswell as drool over how sick the cars are)

Comment

signs of a bad drifter are a full body cast. or recently demoted to pedestrian.

I think it would be a person who is not comfortable with what is going on. If you are not comfortable an internal panic insues and the outcome could be anything but a drift.

i goofed off alot with my SOHC 240.....stepped up to turbo and all the mods. i feel unusually comfortable in this car. yet when i get into my pontiac bonneville....i am totally out of place and very unsettled driving it. a bad drifter is just a bad driver...IMO. the lack of mental dedication or attention to detail.

Comment

[Edited]
        Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-14-2004, 12:09 AM.

Comment

so you're saying lorin from drift xtreme sucks? stfu dumba$$

Comment

In OZ.....

In australia very few people have the money to "soup" a car up so in my book a bad drifter is someone who tries to make a car that clearly isnt setup for drift enter a corner and get all crossed up adn slows down and suddenly has "the crowd" running up his tail. this happened to a friend of mine who has a very nice JZA80 supra and he caught the side of some *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in an old celica fastback with barely any mods and a 17 year old driver. I drive a fairly well worked R30 (people familiar with Gran turismo 2 will recognise the shape from the R30 silhouette foumula) and even when i bought it with its stock L24E motor i didnt try to drift it having owned an RX7 before it i wasnt satisfied at all with the handling. 8 grand and alot of hard work later it our performs and handles an RX7 with ease exceptin the later models of course. But 320RWHP is quite handy for turnign heads in an 85 skyline

Comment

Working...
            X