Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol...after i post then i saw the link ...sorri didnt see it earlier

Comment

I would suggest practicing your gripping with your integra, that way you can improve your skill, which you'll need to drift. Also be sure to use an area that has low traffic, no cops and plenty of room if you make mistakes. I'd also suggest praticing some low-speed e-brake manuevers just to get used to sliding the car. (you may want to pick up some good-condition used tires for the rear so you can get used to it sliding). Always wear your seatbelt and use common sense. Good luck!!

Comment

When I think bad drifter, I think someone who comes to the boards to ask "Can I drift my (insert FWD car name here)? Well once I 'drifted' my mom's Focus but then the transmission blew and the tires smelled bad. *I am so hardcore.*" When I think poor drifter, I think of the guy who spends all his time spinning out because he didn't learn that throttle control is crucial, or that he left his side brake on for too long, or came in far too fast. That guy, the guy who doesn't learn anything, is a poor drifter. Bad drifters are the poseurs, the wannabes, the guys who only like the style and coolness points of having a drift car and who talk like they know something when in reality they have no clue.

But seriously, Keiichi is right. There should be little (under 8 degrees) to no opposite lock (countersteer) shown when exiting the turn. A true drift involves getting the car turned fully prior to the turn's exit. That does not mean the car should not exhibit opposite lock during the turn, just upon the exit. However, one can still pull off great-looking (and feeling) drifts with opposite lock at the exit and no one will care unless you're competing. My idea is to focus on my own style, regardless of convention. If you can drift a turn smoothly and link turns, then you are a good drifter.

The Crazy Hawaiian is right also. Drifters don't do stupid stuff. To not learn from your mistakes is to be a poor driver.

Comment

bad drifter would be a guy who, when ask you what your in to, you some what humbly admit you drift. and they very very casually go "oh yeah, i've done that, one day me and my friends were out and we drifted my (accord/SUV/Full size truck/school bus) all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by nissanguy_24
            we drifted my (accord/SUV/Full size truck/school bus) all over the place.
            man that hurt. its ok though since i havent drifted my accord yet. just remember if you want to learn go to a sanctioned event and get help from the instructors. thats what they are there for. and remember if you go and try the touge... u better watch out for the signature\/.

Comment

Originally posted by æ86
              if u base anything on real drifting from initial d especially how to judge a good drifter u really are a n00b and a homosexual at that!
              Okay Okay kids now each of you go to your corner and think of what you did. And as the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* comment watch it cuz I'm *Censored**Censored**Censored*..... jk. Anyway, well yeah Initial-D does over- do it in a lot of aspects but then again you have to start somewhere. They do show a perfect heal-toe movement. They also say a couple of stuff thats true. But as for Drifting and showing how a real drift should be done they do over exagerait <-------- (if thats how you spell it) an awfull lot. but then dont we all go into our rooms throw in the good ol' Initiall-D DVD and pretend we're that guy Tak in the 86' or that other guy in the FD. And for all you guys that are wondering I do watch Initial - D and I also happen to have all the books and movies that have come out so far thanks to my girlfriend.

Comment

I got in the driftin scene through one of my japanese friend..he show me the concept of it....but back then i wasnt really into it..lol ..i was drag racing...but then i do some research and starting do it ....lol......by the way i live in wichita kansas anyone know a good place so i can practice

Comment

just wondering any u guys ever been criticize by your friends cuz u drift....lol i got it from all my friends they think iz pretty stupid to do it cuz u will break your car and die..iz funny cuz they all ricer

Comment

a bad drifter?

that would be 95% of you that drift your matchbox toys and then come on this forum asking rediculous questions

a bad drift is when your not having fun
                    other than that who cares

if youre even good enough to be in a competetion with judges than you already know what makes them happy.

Comment

Originally posted by delasoul909
                      omfg! for one thing... dont flame... i looks really bad on your part showing that you have NO maturity at all (what are you? 12?)
                      Your age dosen't change your thoughts. When I was 12 I was f'ing pissed when a person thought I was disabled because of my age. Children are people, too.

Comment

Originally posted by dorimilk
                        Your age dosen't change your thoughts. When I was 12 I was f'ing pissed when a person thought I was disabled because of my age. Children are people, too.

hahah

Comment

I think the true sign of a bad drifter is anybody who spends more time on drifting.com than behind the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyazen
                            im a newbie on drift, can anyone here give me some tips how to start out....lol...i own an integra right now...but im lookin at geting s14 soon...do i start out by using handbrake?? or wat?thkss
                            Go to NASA Racing , find out when they are doing a HPDE in your area. It's the best and safest way to learn the limits of your car.

Comment

Originally posted by Transient
                              I think the true sign of a bad drifter is anybody who spends more time on drifting.com than behind the wheel.
                              eh interesting theory there. Too bad it really doesnt work out. I for example may spent alot of time on drifting.com, but i work with computers all day long, so im always on the internet. That aside, i also put 60 thousand miles on my car this year. thats alot of time behind the wheel. And im a hell of a drifter for how long i've been at it.

Comment

Originally posted by V8bosozoku
                                Ahhhhhhhh Pearl, I see you play in my neck of the woods.......

Aside from the "Crest" and Sand canyon, you should try Spunky Canyon (connects Bouquet and San Francisquito). For pure, ball shriveling action......check out Westlake Village road (connects Westlake to PCH).

Or we can meet and drift West Bel Air
                                dude is that like westlake near thousand oaks? i live there, i dont know exactly which road ur talking about tho. Dekkars canyon would be sweet touge if the drop wasnt a million feet. Thats coming from malibu to westlake.

Comment

Working...
                                X