No announcement yet.

What's your current learning focus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The off camber turn at HRP. Damn you off camber I hate you!!

Comment

Heel-Toe Down Shifting.

Comment

I also agree that you should learn how to just drive the car first before trying to drift. Tooo many 16 yearsolds crash because they dont even know how to drive a car right let alone try and drift one. There is a kid out here who is half way decent at drifting but he cant grip a road to save his life. Iam practicing initiating earlier...and at higher speeds. well once the new motor and suspension work goes in i gotta first re-learn my car LOL

Comment

Drifting while eating peanut butter sandwiches and talking on the cell phone at the same time...

Matt.

Comment

I'm working on the most difficult part. Finding sponsorship.

Comment

My current learning focus is realizing that "Playstation Drifting" is not real. When I get a car, I'm just gonna practice driving without thinking much like I could in PS2 lol. If I wanna get sideways its doughnuts in a parking lot so I can feel more comfortable when the tail end gets out when I do move on to drifting...

Comment

Originally posted by Velvet
                My current learning focus is realizing that "Playstation Drifting" is not real. When I get a car, I'm just gonna practice driving without thinking much like I could in PS2 lol. If I wanna get sideways its doughnuts in a parking lot so I can feel more comfortable when the tail end gets out when I do move on to drifting...
                Hey, man... Playstation is where I learned how to drive... I learned the racing line, entrance speeds, passing, etc... There are so many things that are better learned in simulation than in reality... And I learned that I will suck at driving no matter how much I try (some people just driver better than others).

Matt.

Comment

I even fabbed up a brake pedal extension to make heel-toeing much better.
                  Dude, why wouldn't you make an extension for the gas-pedal? You never put more than about 30 lbs of force on the throttle, but you can three times that on your brake pedal (or more if your power-booster happened to fail). I always went the uber-cheap way by simply bending the throttle pedal over towards the brake so it's nice and close.

Comment

re: to stuff...

RE: trying to keep license.

Yeah, I try to "throttle" my speeding tickets to limit them to 1 every 18 months. I'm long overdue. I'm surprised that in recent weeks I didn't get busted at least once.

Re: DMV

I'm lucky - there's a DMV office in a small town near where I work. I routinely make it in and out during my lunch hour. I just modify lunch to be from 11 - 12, instead of 12 to 1.

Re: not having enough money

Yeah, I'm attempting to upgrade my fleet and shortcut the time it takes to improve my collection by selling my gold SR-5 to purchase another GTS. I give it a 10% chance that both transactions will go down, but I thought I'd try.... So, I know the feeling of not having enough money to do everything at once. Wish I could just buy the GTS and be done with it.
                    Last edited by jasonaries; 09-15-2004, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I'm learning mechanical things as of right now. I just ordered tuning software for my E-Manage. My car decided to take a crap. I'm thinking about just ripping the turbo off and seeing if it runs. I'm almost positive it's my piggyback though. From what I learned, during the first 180 seconds of a coldstart, the ECU is in closed-loop, which means it's taking no sensor readings or limited sensor readings. That's when the piggyback is able to act on the ECU. At first I thought something was wrong with my o2 sensors.

Comment

Practising my wet-weather braking drift at the moment due to my LSD being half-worn, it's easier to drift properly in the wet, heel-toe, how much to counter-steer and when, initiating high speed drifts and initiating drift "before" the turn.

Need to replace my front shocks though, kinda bad when the car floats around.

Comment

Mine is learning the traction circle in kart cars. I suck...

I know the line and the technique. I ran 28s when my friends all ran 25s...

Matt.

Comment

im working on left foot breaking like perry

Comment

yea im 16 lol just got full license when you drive around thinkking about drifting, its kinda scary...to tell the turth but ill try soon + its my mom's car and im messing that up....

back on topic..

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm
                                Dude, why wouldn't you make an extension for the gas-pedal?
                                I did that too.

After my drift day, I have to say that not tank-slapping is my new focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X