Energy Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Bushings

would energy suspension bushings be a good choice on suspensions for s13's....i heard their good against wheel hop

Re: Energy Bushings

Originally posted by S13_Steve
    would energy suspension bushings be a good choice on suspensions for s13's....i heard their good against wheel hop
    I dont know about wheel hop but the sleeved urethane is always better than the factory rubber.

Comment

I thought energy suspension only make a suspension kit bushing kit for the s14. From what I thought only whiteline makes one for the s13 and it is like hella expensive. If you found a suspension bushing kit for the s13 let me know.
      JoN

Comment

yeah, me too. what kind of time does the install take for all new bushings?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
          yeah, me too. what kind of time does the install take for all new bushings?
          I am pretty sure they recommend using a press, but i heard people using vices, but i would recommend using a press
          Jon

Comment

yeah....if i could hook up some new bushings, i will be doing lots of suspension work soon in the form af new strut bars and the such

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
              yeah....if i could hook up some new bushings, i will be doing lots of suspension work soon in the form af new strut bars and the such
              yeah i want new bushings too but we cant find a kit for the s13
              JoN

Comment

I got the master kit for sale.

Comment

Rear Subframe Crossmember Bushing Kit
                  Made with our unique combination of 66% glass fibers and 33% nylon, the bushing kit was designed to work in conjunction with the factory bushings to reduce the amount of free play in the subframe bushings. This yields more responsive handling and helps to minimize wheel hop.

240SX S13 89-94
                  240SX S14 95-98

http://drifting.com/Tanabe.php

Tanabe Racing Development USA, Inc.
                  1849 Western Way
                  Torrance, California 90501
                  USA
                  tel (310) 783-0200
                  fax (310) 783-0020
                  e-mail info@tanabe-usa.com

Comment

That and the Energy master kit. Yum, response like nothing else.

Comment

Yes, poly rubbers are good.

Comment

hmm i wonder if i use condoms as bushings.... lol

Comment

Chas, who makes your full bushing kit for the S13, i didnt think anyone made one except for whiteline.

Comment

Your right. I contacted energy and they only make them for the s14. As of now ill i see is whiteline.

Comment

After my crash with my almost 10 year old S14, I have blown tension control rod bushings, a bashed drivers side tension rod bracket (banged it back with a big hammer for now), and extremely worn rear subframe bushings.
                              My first priority is the subframe, as it clunks horribly and has tons of play. I have been looking at both the "pineapple" rings and the aluminum collars and am not sure what I need. www.technotoytuning.com claims their aluminum collars are "compatible with drift pineapples", suggesting that both can be used in conjunction. However, Whiteline, Uras, etc. pineapples claim to be a good solution on their own. This car is daily driven and from time to time will be driven hard on the track and drifted as well.
                              Will just the pineaples be sufficient to eat up all the slop in my rear end or do I need aluminum instead/ as well?

Also, I have been considering what I should get between Energy Suspension bushings in my current rods, adjustable rods w. spherical ball pivots, and the Nismo power bar.

how could I get the best combination of tolerable ride harshness for street and still perform relatively well at the track?

Nismo bar + upgraded bushings?
                              Stock brackets + adjustable rods?

I can't afford EVERYTHING, and am not sure if I need it if I could. Sorry for all the questions, but I need experienced advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X