• Time
  • Show
Clear All

so far in the past 24 hours we have had 17 ppl sign up!!! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
      so far in the past 24 hours we have had 17 ppl sign up!!! :-D
      sup dude!! hahaha...

anyways, i posted it up over on importmix.com , i know there's a big NW crowd over there.

Comment

Eric!!!!

I just talked to Ian from MAX910's FUEL Radio-Talk Show and they want to get whoever is interested in talkin' about and pluggin' NW drifting, on air. They actually get alot of listeners and they're the best group of car guys on air.

Their show is on from Noon-3pm every Sat. and they've had Ryan Hampton on a few times so they are all about promoting driftin'. They also have had everybody from Boris Said to Michael Andretti on air. Anywayz, we should have one person schedule a interview every Sat. until Drift-Day but I'm gonna try and talk them into doin' the show out at Meadows on the 12th.

Eric it's your call since this is pretty much your mastermindins' and I think that it'd be the best way to get publicity out there. Make sure you get back to me soon.

-Thanx for putin' this together we all owe you a bunch.

Ian and my buddy Denis P. do the talkin' and Matt is the Tech guy. Thier email is fuelstation@gmail.com but I will probably just give em your number if that's kewl.

Comment

e-mailed them to get things started with interviews or whatever LOL Also as to what we talked about doing a press release for the event in your magazine,get contact info from them for me and ill take care of the rest! And thank you for your help with this man!

Eric

Comment

when is the DDay event date on...im interested....need to come to one of them....from washington but it'll be worth the 6hr drive and drift w/ my coupe...need a place to just not worry bout running from the pigs...thanks...

Comment

What up Slappy, its MOMO! how you doing man? Got B day plans?

I plan on attending the event but I have to work in the morning. i would imagine that Wes from RD and tyler will be there to show their stuff.

Im prolly going as support for several other friends will be competing. Alas, no $$ means not motor or tranny and my suspension hopefully will get delivered that same day. Im really anxious to get my car running by summertime.

See you there! Late.

MOmo

Comment

Originally posted by meadespeed
                I just talked to Ian from MAX910's FUEL Radio-Talk Show and they want to get whoever is interested in talkin' about and pluggin' NW drifting, on air.

Ian and my buddy Denis P. do the talkin' and Matt is the Tech guy. Thier email is fuelstation@gmail.com but I will probably just give em your number if that's kewl.

Yeah, I have known Matt a few years now. I used to call regularly but since Im working SAT. I don't get to liten as often. I have Matts direct #. I will let him know about the event as well.

MOmo

Comment

Kewl!

That'd be super sick if we got in the Tribune and some On-Air pluggz. What about calling some of the RedlineTV guyz or Big Little Films or does anybody know the Grip Video guyz? This is actually gonna be a big event compared to what the rest of the States thinx we're doin'. Oh, yeah some one call the VDS guyz cuz James said he's down to come and I think that Hideki or some of those guyz from Cannonball-B would be down to "show us how itz done" :-). *vancouverdrifters.org*
                  james# (leaderguy)778.896.7467

Comment

Hey Eric, RedlineTV's#800.379.0419 you know more and are probably better at talking with corporate types so I vollunteer you or mike to call Redline:-)
                    I forgot what else I was supposed to write about. I get sidetracked so easily know.

Comment

I think doing the radio and the local paper would be enough publicity for this first event. The next one would be better because larger area at next location.

Comment

It's great that you guys are getting excited about the Drift Day event. I'm happy that Ernie and possibly the JIC crew are going to be up there! i know the NW has alot of talent, and something like this will be a great opportunity to showcase it.

However...

this isn't quite as big as I think you guys are hyping it up to be. Think of Drift Day as a "test and tune" for drifting. A chance to get out there and experiment, try some new tactics, learn from friends and more experienced drifters, and have a fun day at the "track". There isn't a competition associated with Drift Day, and there are lots of similar events around the US every year. DG Trials, drift day, etc... Getting a DVD company or national TV company out there is a nice thought, but this probably isn't QUITE the event to have them at.

I've heard that there is talk of a major drift competition having an event at SIR / Pacific Raceways, and if that comes to fruition, then you can start calling the big boys.

Comment

Driftday = practice, not show.
                          It would be great if the more people who come help out teachin the noobies.

Comment

couldnt have said it better slappy!!!! This event i am just trying to let all the drivers know about it, i think the amount of boards ive posted on is good enough.

Side note the new bridgestone commercial...is a bit *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

so we only got 19. Signal going to show up?

Comment

Originally posted by _uG TM
                                so we only got 19. Signal going to show up?
                                You mean JIC??

I haven't heard what the decision was... but if JIC shows up, then I heard that both Ernie Fixmer and Andy Yen would be coming up. If JIC doesn't show up, then it's just Ernie coming up.

I know there were a couple people from up there who were down here for D1 and were planning to sign up in the next week. That should bump the number of participants up over that "threshhold".

although I know there's WAY more than 19 drifters in the NW. I seem to remember 50 or so at a meet over a year ago... although the NW is notorious for people who complain about high prices / scheduling / everything else they can think of (from my experience)

Comment

Working...
                                X