No announcement yet.

ATLANTA Meet (Sept 17th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, we might not make it there tomorrow. We just now got in from Dallas, Ivan was TERRIBLE through Alabama. I could make it, but then my wife might leave me for not unpacking the moving truck

Comment

Yea, its pretty bad here too. My car is in the dead zone as well. I am gonna cross my fingers though that it will clear up. If not, it's gonna be one nasty drive. If I would have known about the weather, I would have postponed it for a week.

Comment

All is clear now. Last night our apartment got flooded. Some had 4 feet of water inside. 30 cars were ruined. 5 were sunk with only 2 inches of roof showing. I drove my 86 (with no brakes right now b/c the master cyl. just blew) up the hill to safety. I got up through out the night to scoot my Lexus back as water rose. I didn't want it to be out of earshot of the alarm as I live downtown, home of the smash and grab car bugleries.

Comment

Jesus man. We got some rain here but not that bad. Well, i'm off to the rental car place, Z isn't gonna make it. Seems that the person that wired the car up before I got it decided to make everything run through the guage lights. Hit the brake, dash lights up, Turn on the rear lights, dash lights up, turn on the fans, dash lights up. run straight wires to the tail lights and to a constant hot on the dash, dash lights up. Darndest thing i've ever seen. So, no brake lights for me so no trippy in the Z.

See you all there at 8.

Comment

Dam mannnnn, as soon as I got off of work and drove up to Andretti's, meeting was already over.
            Well just stayed up in the parking lot with some other 240sx people from atlanta and check out the cars. lol the whole time there I was wondering when are the honda's going to do something stupid and ask what we're running. lol.

Oh yeah, anybody who was in the mostly 240sx caravan going notice, lol, the hell was that grey primed up mx3 waiting for at the 1st stop we made in the plaza???? I wonder if he would've kept following me since I was the last car in the line, you think he would follow me all the way up to the mtns?? HAHA let see some understeeerrrr!

Comment

Heh, man. Was looking for you guys too.

The meet, I think was a success. I have a list of 40 emails addresses and that puts the total count of people there at around 45-50. It was a great meet. I would like to thank Drift 411, Drift Mechanics, Club 4ag, Joe Vick, Chad for all of his mack daddy research and all the others that showed up. Stuff gonna get done now.

Comment

Yeah, I heard they wouldn't let you rent out that lil skipad they have there. Are you going to AMS for the Nopi show Ghost? I got the back road directions from my gps if you like it.
                Some of the 240 guys and myself might not go since all we wanted to see was the drifting exhibition, but story is Team orange was not going to make it and Miata Mike was going to be maybe the only one. I guess we'll decide what to do after working on our cars tommorow morn. I don't know, maybe we'll hit up the touge.

Comment

Nah, we left for Knoxville at about midnight last night. Got home bout 4 am. Sucked.

Yea, I was trying to find a car for Tony Schultz to drive so he could take a few runs as well. I wonder what happened, they were supposed to have 10 cars there doing this thing, that's why they said our guys couldn't run. Wonder what thats all about.

Comment

Sry i couldn't make it out to the meet guys, it sucked i got sick midday friday so i ended up not feeling good enough to come. I ended up going to NOPI today mostly for the drifting which ended up being VERY dissapointing. they had about 6 cars there was an r33 which did quite well, an s13 which rocked, two miatas which i never got to see run and 2 s14s's. I missed most of the first drift exhibition but apparently one of the s14's slid off into the fence and some people were sitting behind it and the fence fell on them or something and they got a little hurt, nothing serious i don't think but i don't know the details. But they cancelled the other sessions for the day and i dunno if they're doing them tommorrow. That's the only reason i'd go back though, so i really hope i can find out. well hope you guys had fun at the meet.

- peace

Comment

Working...
                    X