Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _PG_
    Vaughn Gitten, who is the coolest of them all? Come back to cali for the Just Drift Event this weekend and....

METAL SKOOL!!!! Meeetttaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll!

"I want you to raise your f*ckin hands in the air like this. I want you to raise them up and shout! SHOUT! SHOUT! SHOUT AT THE DEVIL!!!!!"

It is very possible that will be happening! i will have to miss metal school most likely..some of us have jobs on top of all the crazyness...cough cough
    www.driftalliance.com
    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r.
      It is very possible that will be happening! i will have to miss metal school most likely..some of us have jobs on top of all the crazyness...cough cough

what the eff are you talking about. its memorial day, no one has to work on monday... not even me! and i work 23 hours a day, everyday!

and the baby wont ever talk to you again if you miss metal skool.
      www.chrisforsberg.com
      www.driftalliance.com
      www.nosdrift.com
      www.hankooktireusa.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Topics II
        what the eff are you talking about. its memorial day, no one has to work on monday... not even me! and i work 23 hours a day, everyday!

and the baby wont ever talk to you again if you miss metal skool.
        OOOOOOOOOOOO! Its been decided. Done. Send it! J.R. you coming in today? Need a ride? I'm sure you have an adequate number of females lined up for that task, huh?

Comment

• Baby is conducting Metal Skool???
          Amazing, please let's learn from the newly appointed King of Rock & Roll!
          Pour some sugar on me, kidding I'm kidding!

Comment

• Originally posted by _PG_
            OOOOOOOOOOOO! Its been decided. Done. Send it! J.R. you coming in today? Need a ride? I'm sure you have an adequate number of females lined up for that task, huh?

adequate number of "lady friends"!!!!
            hahahahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah, thats was perfect
            u win buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous
              Baby is conducting Metal Skool???
              Amazing, please let's learn from the newly appointed King of Rock & Roll!
              Pour some sugar on me, kidding I'm kidding!

The baby is the king of Metal Skool duh!

PS i wanted to jump off a bridge yesterday after hearing my favorite band ever AFI was at Metal Skool and I missed them because I decided to be responsible again and catch my correct flight for once so that i could arrive back in maryland at 6am only to go straight to work and have the fact I missed AFI rubbed in my face by my tandem buddy Mr. Forsberg. I hate all of you that live out there...yea thats right i said it!
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

The baby is the king of Metal Skool duh!

PS i wanted to jump off a bridge yesterday after hearing my favorite band ever AFI was at Metal Skool and I missed them because I decided to be responsible again and catch my correct flight for once so that i could arrive back in maryland at 6am only to go straight to work and have the fact I missed AFI rubbed in my face by my tandem buddy Mr. Forsberg. I hate all of you that live out there...yea thats right i said it!
                *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*....

Comment

• Hey J.R., I was wondering if you had choosen to go with a live rear axle or is that what Ford pretty much sent you?

I'm curious about your thoughts of IRS compared to that of a live rear axle for drifting? I understand that a good limited slip is a must but with the axle taking the torque loads of the driveshaft it makes me wonder if it makes for an fun time when it comes to tuning the suspension and getting it to drift smoothly in both directions.

Thanks!

Ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted J
                    Hey J.R., I was wondering if you had choosen to go with a live rear axle or is that what Ford pretty much sent you?

I'm curious about your thoughts of IRS compared to that of a live rear axle for drifting? I understand that a good limited slip is a must but with the axle taking the torque loads of the driveshaft it makes me wonder if it makes for an fun time when it comes to tuning the suspension and getting it to drift smoothly in both directions.

Thanks!

Ted
                    We went with a Live axle becasue that is what the Mustang Falken PURCHASED from the dealer came with. I was initially a bit nervous about the live axle and the way it would handle. However after driving it for the short amount of time I have I can say my fear is gone the Mustang handles extremely well and seems to feel very well balanced. The live axle seems to allow the car to exit turns under power quicker which is mostlikely dude to the lack of the camber change during weight shifting. I have not really felt any negatives to it thus far. I cannot not really say what is better for drifting but i can say I have driven both setups and they both work well for drifting.

hope that helps!

JR
                    www.driftalliance.com
                    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by ///AMG
                      *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*....

was that english?
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

We went with a Live axle becasue that is what the Mustang Falken PURCHASED from the dealer came with.
                        I hope my assumption of ford giving you the car wasn't taken as anything but that of an assumption. Sorry for my not understanding that Falken had purchased it from a dealer so my bad.

If it's okay to a few more question. When it comes to setting up the dampers for the Mustang I assume you went with Tein coil overs in the back and maybe in the front as well? If so what type of valving is done to get the car set up for drifting? I hear of people saying they have the valving changed for drifting but don't see much info about what changes are made. I understand that this is a pretty open question but I'm curious if the general rule of thumb is to start with an adjustable shock with an easy rebound and a stiff compression and tune from there or am I way out in left field on my guess?

Thank you for the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted J
                          I hope my assumption of ford giving you the car wasn't taken as anything but that of an assumption. Sorry for my not understanding that Falken had purchased it from a dealer so my bad.

If it's okay to a few more question. When it comes to setting up the dampers for the Mustang I assume you went with Tein coil overs in the back and maybe in the front as well? If so what type of valving is done to get the car set up for drifting? I hear of people saying they have the valving changed for drifting but don't see much info about what changes are made. I understand that this is a pretty open question but I'm curious if the general rule of thumb is to start with an adjustable shock with an easy rebound and a stiff compression and tune from there or am I way out in left field on my guess?

Thank you for the information.
                          No worries on the assumption it seems everyone thinks it was given to us hahaha..

As far as the Coilovers. Tein used my car to prototype the production coilovers they are producing for retail. I have front and rear from them. As far as the revalving you are talking about for drifting im not the most technical when it comes to suspension i just know what feels good and doesnt, however most coilovers are set up for softer spring rates then what we use for drifting so alot of us were getting the shocks revalved to work with the stiffer spring rates. I think that is what you are asking. Now that tein has made the super drifts for retail which are the replicas of the revalved and raised spring rate suspension alot of us ran last year in competiiton and they also accept the EDFC you really dont need to buy suspension then change springs and pay to get revalved not to mention they are absolutely amazing!

Hope that helps bro!

Later

JR
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• This question is somewhat putting you on the spot but, here it goes. How do you feel about The Fast and the Furious. With production of the 3rd one well under way and guys like Ernie Fixmer and Ken Gushi apparently making cameos, I wanna know what you think about it. Thanks ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoSigma
                              This question is somewhat putting you on the spot but, here it goes. How do you feel about The Fast and the Furious. With production of the 3rd one well under way and guys like Ernie Fixmer and Ken Gushi apparently making cameos, I wanna know what you think about it. Thanks ahead!
                              I think it is a movie. I also think that it is the next logical step for the producers to take for a third movie about the "tuner industry/ import Street Life" Drifting is an amazing sport that is taking over and it is very exciting not to mention the untouchable fun factor. Just like anything else that is discovered to be awesome it continues to get taken to the next level. sure it could have its negatives more people/ authority being aware, some kids with no experience being idiots and hurting others or themselves, however it is already getting massive exposure just look at the geico magazine warning parents about kids drifting not to mention it has almost been featured in all sorts of media and doesnt seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Straight up here is how I see it. All Exposure for the sport is going to help it grow and is going to help up and coming aspiring drivers get support alot easier then we did at first. it could also possibly provide more safe places for up and coming drivers to practice. I do see a Negative side for the street scene although street drifting is not as popular here as street racing is i still see it being an issue in which everyone that drives on the street will definatley have to be alot smarter then before in order not to get in trouble. All in all They are making the movie its gonna have drifting in it and having real Drivers Cameo the movie and hopefully assist in some parts to make it portray the actual sport and lifestyle properly would be the best thing for it I would Rather any of us than your average hollywood stunt driver (sorry Rhys your above average hahah). Another point is everyone can wine all day about it or everyone can suggest things to make it good to the producers. I dont know Craigs involvement if he even is but he seems like a decent guy that listened to the feedback that was given to him in the past so i would suggest post away to him and maybe the core of the sport could have a say in the production of the movie. Again none of us know the details of the movie and everyone is speculating up to this point but to assume it is based on drifting sending suggestions is not a bad idea. Regardless of the outcome everyone is going to see the movie whether they love or hate the others for one reason or another. I am hopeful that if it is infact based on drifting that they do contact some of us for feedback and suggestions for an accurate portrayal of the sport and lifestyle which is much different than that of street racing in all aspects.

Later,

JR
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Wow, JR you could be a politician for Drift Alliance State.

Good answer and you get 10 awesome points, keep it up.

No, seriously JR has answered that perfectly and has very valid points.
                                Please don't hate,, congratulate then participate!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X