No announcement yet.

Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just saw some pics of your new s13. it looks awesome. what have you changed from the last s13?

Comment

• Originally posted by driftex
      i just saw some pics of your new s13. it looks awesome. what have you changed from the last s13?

Thanks man yea I love it!

It has a Fresh Paintjob and amazing Chris Forsberg special Vinyl job, as well as a Chris forsberg/LS automotive custom forklift Chassis stretch (damn walls), A freshly built motor with Wiseco Pistons, Buddy club cams, a new garrett Gt 2871 turbo, A fresh Origin (www.origin-lab.com) Aero Kit including Front and Rear wide fenders, A new Exedy hyper Single clutch, I am awaiting my new Buddy club P1 racing wheels to be delivered from Japan I got the SBC color which should look amazing, I am also putting a 4.3 rear in it to shorten the gearing up a bit and put less stress on my tranny for 4th gear drifts.

We all redid our cars and plan to do demos and clinics where ever we can including the Champ car events so be on the look out we might be coming to destroy your town!

P.s. that is the same S13 I ran all last year and almost 3 years prior. I am in the process of prepping another chassis for when this one meets its final match Im just having such a hard time letting it go and its going to have to be completely trashed before I do!
      Later,

JR
      Last edited by j.r.; 06-07-2005, 08:38 AM.
      www.driftalliance.com
      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Come to AZ!!!! I mean Hampton lives here, so it wouldnt be 2 much of a problem im sure! You could come down to one of our U.S. Drift events.

Comment

• wadup JR!.......hope to see you around this season.......car is all done and ready to rock.....just need some tuning here and there........I may have to get in touch with your buddy who does ROM tuning. Well see.....but anyways man, good luck this season and Ill see you around.

Comment

• Thanks for the the reply! Good answer, Anonymous (wink wink) is right, 10 brownie points for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by driftersil80
              Come to AZ!!!! I mean Hampton lives here, so it wouldnt be 2 much of a problem im sure! You could come down to one of our U.S. Drift events.

This is very very possible. I really wanna come out there!
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by driftdeez
                wadup JR!.......hope to see you around this season.......car is all done and ready to rock.....just need some tuning here and there........I may have to get in touch with your buddy who does ROM tuning. Well see.....but anyways man, good luck this season and Ill see you around.

Whats up DAN!

Yea man I hope to see you soon too. Yea dude Scott my tuner is the man best tuner in the US hands down. Hes gonna have a website up soon he is doing rom tunes full time now. rsenthalpy.com i think call me up ill give you his email or his number!

Later,

JR
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r.
                  This is very very possible. I really wanna come out there!
                  Don't listen to him, tell him to cut his head off, and throw it away!!!! i love you, lets party in houston, yay
                  -Don't forget the struggle. Don't forget the streets-

www.driftalliance.com
                  www.clubloose.com

Listen to Motley Crue

Comment

• Hey JR, what seat rails are you using with your Buddy Club buckets? I would like to get the lowest rails possible to give myself enough head room with a helmet on. Thanks in advance bro.

Zach

Comment

• All and all..... after everything was said and done... How was the Houston show?

I know it was hot yada yada too humid whatever. Opinions on the track conditions? Organization? Overall kickass time?

SKY HIGH N*GGA

Comment

• Originally posted by iMakeGraves
                        All and all..... after everything was said and done... How was the Houston show?

I know it was hot yada yada too humid whatever. Opinions on the track conditions? Organization? Overall kickass time?

SKY HIGH N*GGA

Aside from the deadly HEAT the event was great. The course was challenging especially with the new jumps right after high speed initiation points in courses we are being challenged with nowadays. I love the Falken Mustang even running it N/A it feels really good. I need a bit more seat time and Tandem practice in that car to get proper braking down in order to compensate for smaller lighter cars during tandem as that is what caused me to spin in texas and lose a battle in which I had the advantage. Orginization of the event was great Formula D is doing amazing. All in all yes Kick A$$ time. i cant wait to get some seat time in the Stang..

OH YEA GOOD WORK GUSHI!

LATer,

JR
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• hey your mustang i looking awesome. i want to eat a burrito off of the engine. i can wait to see you tandem with gushi.

on another notewhat are you using for suspension on the s13?

Comment

• Hey J.R., got another question for you. I asked this same question in the 'Ask Sam...' thread for I'm curious what both of your views are on this. There isn't a lot of info out there in regards to this subject that I can find and I'm taking advantage of this chance I'm getting to ask people with experience in this area to hopefully gain more knowledge. Thanks in advance!

I am curious what type of mods were done to the Mustang for the steering and the ackerman? Considering the car came from the factory with toe out on turn in I'm assuming that this has been modded. My thoughts are that when in a drift and counter steering that with the ackerman you are now having your front tires toed out and causing the front to have it's speed scrubbed off. I had thought that maybe getting rid of the ackerman would work but wonder how it affects the turning into the corner and the handing of the car in general. Wondering if maybe for every 10 degree's of turning you have 1 or 2 degree of ackerman or if it's more, less etc... Oh, and how much steering angle do you get? Like if you use the front frame rail as a reference and turn the car full lock to the left how much angle do you get out of the steering?

Thanks again!

Ted

Comment

• JR!
                              dude what happened to the portland touge meet?
                              im aaron the guy who gave u my cell. u missed out bad!
                              anyways start bitching and get formula d out here more often! it was awesome.
                              call me if ur in the area again
                              l8R Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by driftex
                                hey your mustang i looking awesome. i want to eat a burrito off of the engine. i can wait to see you tandem with gushi.

on another notewhat are you using for suspension on the s13?

Haha thanks man..I cant wait to tandem With Gushi either he is my buddy we keep talking about when that day comes what will happen one thing is for sure it will be fun and definately a battle to watch.

Love ya GUSH!

I am running a revalved and resprung Tein Flex which is a Prototype of the TEIN Super Drift which is what a few of us were testing last year. It is seriously amazing and as you can see in the milwaukee video we put up. that suspension and Falken tires are the only thing in the world I would trust to pitch my car sideways at around 130mph to enter the banks at the milwaukee mile. Im not one just to brag about stuff just because they are sponsors the stuff I run and reccomend is exactly as I say it. And seriously its the best on the market.

LAter,

JR
                                Last edited by j.r.; 06-21-2005, 08:17 PM.
                                www.driftalliance.com
                                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Working...
                                X