Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 240silvia
    j.r. what is drifting in your mind, and has it gone too main stream? thank you

Drifting to me is an amazing motorsport where an individual can show style and personality through there driving. I think it is the ultimate test of ones car control skills as well as balls. And I also think it is the funnest thing ever... Has it gone to main stream???? I really dont think about it that way i just think of it as more and more people are learning about it and getting into it and naturally when things get popular they get more coverage...Its FUN plain and simple when some finds something fun everyone wants to do it....
    www.driftalliance.com
    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• tw I drove The "Kenney Brown" mustang we saw at irwindale at a US drift event this past weekend....
      Yea, pretty damm well I might add.

Comment

• hey jr when are you gonna drop into gyu-kaku again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r.
          Hope you having fun In Japan.....I sooo wish I went....
          Btw I drove The "Kenney Brown" mustang we saw at irwindale at a US drift event this past weekend. I was impressed It felt really really good and I cannot wait to have mine done. sooo while your out there stop by Falken and ask them to expedite the 05 getting home so we can finish it up and I can jump in that thing...since I cant get to anyone by phone to tell them about the weekend....

Turbo KA....

Turbo KA's are great they are full of torque and if you get the right size turbo have a great power band...The problem is reliability...Most ka's are old and tired and bone stock they cannot handle more than 5-7 psi of boost which will get you like maybe 240hp....which is still good and will work great with suspension and a diff however I dont know how much cheaper it really is. you need a turbo 5-1000, injectors 400, custom manifold 3-700, engine management 3-500, you can get sr's now for between 1700 and 2200.... So when you put it up against the money I would say SR is the way to go $$ wise....

Now a built KA turboed is amazing you have amazing torque and a really easy fun car to drive.....

To answer your question yes reving is important but if you have low end torque my opinion is that evens out the need to rev to 7500-8k...

Hope that helps,

JR

Thanx for the info bro, it definately helps.
          L8r

Comment

• Here is a pic someone just sent me from the tokyo auto salon of the Mustang in the Falken display.... Looks like the wing was slapped back on for the show because the new one is not ready yet...Im sure they love it out there...I hav had some people curious about the wings manufacturer if any one is wondering it is from 3D carbon and it is very very light and seems to be great quality they are making some amazing products these days...They are also the makers of the body kit on the car too....
            Last edited by j.r.; 01-18-2005, 08:13 AM.
            www.driftalliance.com
            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Ummmmmm gyu-kaku?????? is that english..if so i have no idea what it means...hahah please elaborate
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Yea, pretty damm well I might add.
                Well thank you...the car felt really good....

Doug the owner of that car is really cool and a damn good driver too.....I have a feeling we will be seeing him around.
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• jr i was surprised they put the wing back on the car but the car still looked cool and hot at the same time.

Comment

• gyu-kaku is the little japanese barbecue place in torrance. some people said that theyve spotted you there before, so i was wondering if you would make another appearance. i didnt think it was a lie because people go in from signal and cusco all the time.

Comment

• Ohhh OK yea I think Me Chris Tony and Edo went there once... I had some black noodle stuff that turned my whole mouth black it was good but I will never have that plate again.....Would I go again hell yea...when?? I have no clue
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by The sheriff
                        jr i was surprised they put the wing back on the car but the car still looked cool and hot at the same time.
                        I do agree....cool and hot hahahah
                        www.driftalliance.com
                        TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• sick!!!!!!!! yeah it looks like a touring wing....

Comment

• i see ed in there all the time, hes our ichiban!! customer.

Comment

• Ed is one of the coolest dudes ever... I <3 him...... In fact here is a pic of all of us on my first trip to california EVER almost 2 years ago... This is the trip I invested every penny I had to my name to get me and my car out there to do exibitions at California Speedway on a hope I would get seen and get sponsored..... And it all paid off when I got a call 2 months later from Nick from Falken tire who saw me there...Wow reminising is the coolest thing ever

That day there we were actually chosen "worthy" enough to do a exhibition with team orange (hahah)...We would not have bet $.20 in a million billion years thatany of us would be competing with them yet alone Chris would go against and beat Tanaka (finger in nose guy) at a D1 event.....THINGS ARE A CHANGIN.....
                              Last edited by j.r.; 01-18-2005, 02:09 PM.
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Wow hard to believe my s13 used to look like this.......Ok im done reminising now....
                                www.driftalliance.com
                                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Working...
                                X