No announcement yet.

Ask JR from DRIFT ALLIANCE Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I usually don't post in these 'ask a drifter' posts...but I had too.

Although you had problems this weekend, your mustang was the best sounding machine there. I was dissapointed not seeing you run it friday night (I heard it climb the hill). Too bad she was giving you problems, because after your few runs on saturday I was sure you were gonna win it all. The car looks beautiful, sounds meaner than a pit bull fight, and throws smoke like the best of 'em (albeit not red smoke). Good luck in Texas, and I hope that thing makes it back to the dirty south again.

Charles

Comment

• I agree, that car is a holy nightmare on wheels. It sounds like rolling thunder. Easily the best sounding car out there. Your first practice run on Sat was by far one of the better runs I saw that day. So fast and so loud, I saw ladies swooning all over the stands.

Good luck in TX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monstor S14
        FOR ROUND 3

Could you DA guyz
        try having "chicks" in swimsuits or something......pleasez.

Haha!

Ooooof, thanks for reminding me of the "mankinis" Casper

Comment

• Thanks alot guys!

The Team Falken Mustang is absolutely insane the power and torque are unreal and the Falken Rt615's are soo predictable in controlling that power I am just simply amazed. it sounds like hell is being unleashed from inside the cockpit. Dont get me wrong i have been a 240 guy for 6 years and had no respect for a mustang whatsoever until now. I now must say I am very impressed with the balance and setup of the new 2005 Mustangs. I am very stoked to get some more seat time in it and making it my b!tch. After watching my qualifying video i am blown away and still wondering if that was me driving the car because i cannot believe i pulled a run like that off not even having 10 minutes total seat time in that car.

For those of you wondering We had some techinical difficulties in the car with it eating belts like cheesburgers. Everything is run off 1 serpentine belt. So when it goes so does the power,water pump, and steering. Which is why I jumped through the infield after the 1st turn during tandem. I completely lost steering for a second good thing that was not concrete. we are working on developing a 2 belt system or a fool proof 1 belt system for the car so that we dont ever have that issue again.

Video of my qualifying run that landed me 5th place qualifying position. Thanks team Enjuku for the video.

http://www.vosko.net/media/drift/enjuku/vgittinjr.wmv

See everyone soon!

JR

Casper.... If you havent noticed our boys do whatever they feel like doing. im personally not a bikini guy nor do i like dudes in bikinis but like i said they do what they want so...you have to admit it was pretty damn funny and ballsy....on a funnier note they both ended up hooking up with some pretty hot girls that were modeling at the show while wearing mankinis...go figure! hahahah
          www.driftalliance.com
          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• JR....could you clear this up?

Your car sounds so good....but some think you have a stock motor that is supercharged, and others think the motor has internal mods.

Without 'giving away' any secrets....what engine does the mustang have? A 2004 Cobra motor, 2005 Mustang GT motor, or none of the above? And have the internals been modified? Maybe even 'who built it'? Was it Sean Hyland?

Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRiceRocket
              JR....could you clear this up?

Your car sounds so good....but some think you have a stock motor that is supercharged, and others think the motor has internal mods.

Without 'giving away' any secrets....what engine does the mustang have? A 2004 Cobra motor, 2005 Mustang GT motor, or none of the above? And have the internals been modified? Maybe even 'who built it'? Was it Sean Hyland?

Charles
              The motor is a 4.6 liter 4 valve fully built by Sean Hyland. most rediculous thing i have ever driven and it is only tuned to half of its potential which I feel is plenty.
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Insane, totally insane.

Comment

• JR,
                  You killed it soooo good!
                  Amazing work, yes 50% and 100% kick a$$!

Hopefully "Awesomstang" will be 100% in TX!

Comment

• After watching that video I have to say that the Stang sounds great!! And you really had a nice run in it. With only 10 minutes of seat time you should be owning all after you actually get comfortable in the car. Good luck in the up coming rounds JR!!!!

Zach

Comment

• JR:

Who determines which cars you drive? Falken or the drivers? If it's the drivers, why did you choose the Mustang? Nothing negative, I thought you were driving it great at Atlanta.

Comment

• I have never seen ANYBODY make Rhys scramble like that before. That practice run where ya'll tandemed was SPECTACULAR! He couldnt believe there was somebody punding on his door like that AROUND THE ENTIRE TRACK!

Comment

• ^^^BWAHAHAHA^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Boostedrex
                            After watching that video I have to say that the Stang sounds great!! And you really had a nice run in it. With only 10 minutes of seat time you should be owning all after you actually get comfortable in the car. Good luck in the up coming rounds JR!!!!

Zach
                            tHANKS BRO!

Originally posted by Tuner
                            JR:

Who determines which cars you drive? Falken or the drivers? If it's the drivers, why did you choose the Mustang? Nothing negative, I thought you were driving it great at Atlanta.
                            I cant speak for everyone my situation was basically this. I went to Falken headquarters and saw a rendering of the GTR mustang with the Team Falken factory colors on it and it looked amazing. I was like damn whats that all about. All of the crew just laughed. A month or so later Nick our team manager and all around awesome dude/friend called me and basically asked me what color I wanted my 2005 Mustang to be and I replied Team Falken colors and that was basically that. I thought long and hard about stepping out of a car which i have had for the last 6 years of my life and i was very used to to jump in a much heavier never been tested peice American muscle. Alot of people said I was crazy, stupid blah blah blah. I basically decided I was up for the challenge and was very excited to bring some real American heritage into this amazing sport and test and R&D it to become a competitive machine. I am very happy with the way things have turned out and the car has really surprised me and seems to suit my style very well. All I can say is that I cant wait to get it dialed in and get a little bit more seat time. Its gonna be a great year!

Later,

JR
                            www.driftalliance.com
                            TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
                              I have never seen ANYBODY make Rhys scramble like that before. That practice run where ya'll tandemed was SPECTACULAR! He couldnt believe there was somebody punding on his door like that AROUND THE ENTIRE TRACK!

Im just gonna say thanks to this in a quest not to jinx myself. Its coming!
                              www.driftalliance.com
                              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by j.r.
                                Dont get me wrong i have been a 240 guy for 6 years and had no respect for a mustang whatsoever until now.
                                Yeah,,,,,,,, what ever...........

As it's been said already, you did good Bra....... I hated it that you broke....

Sorry I couldn't hook up with you later..... I was used up by the end of the night and sunburned like you read about......

See you soon......

Comment

Working...
                                X