Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hachi-roku04
    JR!
    dude what happened to the portland touge meet?
    im aaron the guy who gave u my cell. u missed out bad!
    anyways start bitching and get formula d out here more often! it was awesome.
    call me if ur in the area again
    l8R Aaron
    Ummm exploding motors and getting cars ready for day 2 and 3 made it impossible to even considering meeting up to check out your guys local setup. ill be back there soon im sure so ill have to look you guys up. Glad you enjopyed the event see you soon.

Later,

JR
    www.driftalliance.com
    TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted J
      Hey J.R., got another question for you. I asked this same question in the 'Ask Sam...' thread for I'm curious what both of your views are on this. There isn't a lot of info out there in regards to this subject that I can find and I'm taking advantage of this chance I'm getting to ask people with experience in this area to hopefully gain more knowledge. Thanks in advance!

I am curious what type of mods were done to the Mustang for the steering and the ackerman? Considering the car came from the factory with toe out on turn in I'm assuming that this has been modded. My thoughts are that when in a drift and counter steering that with the ackerman you are now having your front tires toed out and causing the front to have it's speed scrubbed off. I had thought that maybe getting rid of the ackerman would work but wonder how it affects the turning into the corner and the handing of the car in general. Wondering if maybe for every 10 degree's of turning you have 1 or 2 degree of ackerman or if it's more, less etc... Oh, and how much steering angle do you get? Like if you use the front frame rail as a reference and turn the car full lock to the left how much angle do you get out of the steering?

Thanks again!

Ted

I understand what you are asking however I do not have all the exact numbers for you. We did not do anything to adjust the ackerman however we did do a few things to add steering angle. and I think we have right around 45 to 50 degrees of angle. I do not want to neccesarily make the front tires to scrub speed at all times during turn in for any reason as that could create a pivot point. If i need to slow i will use brakes or throttle modulation instead. Good questions though.

Hve FUN!

JR
      www.driftalliance.com
      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Thanks for the response, JR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted J
          Thanks for the response, JR!

Thanks for the question!
          www.driftalliance.com
          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• JR,

Still wondering what kind of rails you're using for your Buddy Club seat. Seeing as we are the exact same height and weight I'd like to see what rails you are using to keep the seat as low as possible. Thanks in advance bro.

Zach

Comment

• Originally posted by Boostedrex
              JR,

Still wondering what kind of rails you're using for your Buddy Club seat. Seeing as we are the exact same height and weight I'd like to see what rails you are using to keep the seat as low as possible. Thanks in advance bro.

Zach

Sorry man I thought I answered this a while ago....

I use the Bride seat rails. The seat is amazing.
              www.driftalliance.com
              TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Congratulations Big Boy!! I'm sure you're very proud. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it with you..... See you in Chicago.... if not DC.....
                Well Done,
                DV

Comment

• YO......Congrats J.R.!

It's been a long time coming.....you deserve this one.

Thank you for being patient with us and doing the best you could with what you had to work with. I promise with time, it's only gonna get better.

Love ya like a brother buddy!

By the way.....you drove your @$$ OFF!

Comment

• Originally posted by 110octane
                    YO......Congrats J.R.!

It's been a long time coming.....you deserve this one.

Thank you for being patient with us and doing the best you could with what you had to work with. I promise with time, it's only gonna get better.

Love ya like a brother buddy!

By the way.....you drove your @$$ OFF!
                    Congrats player..i dont get to make it out to the events like the rest of the guys but im still cheering from you back here in rancho!

Comment

• YO MO FO!

Congrats on the Podium bro!

Dude I'm going to be in So Cal late Sept you going to be out there at all ?

Let me know...

Comment

• Thanks for the answer JR. And congrats bro!! A very well deserved placing. That was your first step on the way to the top of the podium!! I know it won't be long before you are standing there. Great job bro and keep it up.

Zach

Comment

• Thank You!!

Thank you everyone for the compliments here and at the event. Round 4 was insane the Team Falken Mustang is amazing and we work very well together and I feel that I have found my competition focus and relaxation point that i seemed to have lost last year and I hope that I can continue to stay in this zone and continue to be so competitive.

I would like to thank all of my supporters especially Team Falken, Eric Cheney, all the friends and fans that have been rooting me and the stang along since the beggining of the project and of course my boys from DA. With out everyones support I definately would not have gotten this far this fast with this car.

Thanks!

JR
                          www.driftalliance.com
                          TEAM FALKEN

Comment

• Dude that vid you sent me of your battle with Sammy...HAHAHA you smoked him out it looked like he lost sight of the track LOL

Dude that vid was sick!

Comment

• yeah, that was awesome. Watching sam cut that last corner because he couldn't see where he was going.... AWESOME!!!

Comment

• i wanna see i wanna see

Comment

Working...
                                X