No announcement yet.

Ask RHYS MILLEN Racing Something!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great performance and car sound really good. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mack@Mckinney Motorsports...

Comment

Awesome performance Rhys! Congrats on the win and we are all looking forward to Atlanta. See you there man!

Comment

You did great, now only if you gave me your skills I would be one happy girl! Congrats!!!

Comment

Hey guys. Writing from Ozzy land.
          Congrats on the cars progress.
          Its clear you have spent alot of time on that thing to get it to do what it does, (i know, I built it originally, lol).
          I was wondering if you could tell me what Type of helmet Rhys has, the matt black one with the camera mount in the top?
          Thanks RMR

Comment

First off great job with the GTO and the good results so far.

I have a serious question. I've been reading about what exactly you've done with your suspension and more curiously the steering.

Im looking to get a new car to replace my current one and the GTO is very near the top. I also read that if I want, I send you guys a GTO and convert it to full drift spec for ~$19k, but thats not QUITE what I want.

I wanted to know how much it would cost for you guys to mod the steering with the tighter lock to lock turns as well as the upgraded power steering pump and accesories to make it work correctly. Also, the Intrax suspension system you guys use, how would that do on the street in terms of ride quality?

I would be very curious if and for how much you would be able to do the steering and suspension if provided with a GTO to work on. Feel free to post here of if you'd prefer email me at Zoli-007@Roadfly.com

Comment

Hey RMR,

I was looking over the pic of the GTO that was put up in Houston event thread:

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14788

My first thought is that is some serious steering angle you've got going on there. If it's okay to ask, if you use the frame rail as a reference and you turn all the way one direction how much angle do you get? I mean, it looks like 70 or 75 degee's but maybe my estimation is way off.

I'm also wondering about if you'd share your thoughts about ackerman and what you've found to work best for drifting? Seems the toe out on turn in would make it so when counter steering into a drift that you'd be creating a pretty big toe out situation if you had the steering set up close to true ackerman. I've wondered about if a person even needs ackerman for that would work best for the counter steer but don't know how it would affect the turn in of the car and the overall handling of the car.

Thanks in advance!

Ted

Comment

Sure thing... the helmet is a Sparco Helmet spray painted black. the "camera mount" is a fresh air duct that pumps fresh air into the helmet to cool Rhys off.

Originally posted by WIPLASH
                Hey guys. Writing from Ozzy land.
                Congrats on the cars progress.
                Its clear you have spent alot of time on that thing to get it to do what it does, (i know, I built it originally, lol).
                I was wondering if you could tell me what Type of helmet Rhys has, the matt black one with the camera mount in the top?
                Thanks RMR

Comment

Zoli 007- I'll email you.

Ted J- Yes.. We have done a lot of wok to get that steering angle. We have estimated it at 65-70 degrees, but have never done the industry standard test.

I will say I'm a bit confused about your setup question. Rhys likes the GTO setup with a bit of toe in in the front and 0 in the rear. It makes for better controll. I will have to see if I can get Rhys to answer the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamRMR
                    Ted J- Yes.. We have done a lot of wok to get that steering angle. We have estimated it at 65-70 degrees, but have never done the industry standard test.

I will say I'm a bit confused about your setup question. Rhys likes the GTO setup with a bit of toe in in the front and 0 in the rear. It makes for better controll. I will have to see if I can get Rhys to answer the rest.
                    Sweet, thank you for the answers! If you could get Rhys to answer the rest that would be great. My brother and I got a chance to speak with Rhys at the Formula D event in Atlanta for a bit on Fri. and he was very helpful with his answers and also was very cool about teaching. Heck, I was so impressed by him that I wrote Pontiac a letter thanking them too! I know he's a busy guy but hopefully he'll be able to shed some light into the whole ackerman thing in regards to steering and how it relates to drifting.

Ted

Comment

Hey Rhys whats going on man. Hey my wife and I were at a toy store the other day and saw a Dicast from Jada Toys that was your car. That was crazy, I looked for any other Formula D drivers but you where the only one. It was the last one so I bought that mofo, but I was wondering if there are going to be anymore drivers out there that are coming out with there own model cars??? Thanks!

Comment

Great... None of us have seen the smaller die cast car. We have seen a couple of the larger models. We (RMR) do not controll what car/drivers they cast. We didn't even see anything until someone emailed us and said they saw them at Toy'R'us. I have seen Chris' 350Z from last year in the smaller 1/64 scale which is pretty cool. I have that one on top of my monitor right now. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Just wanted to inform Team RMR that there is supposed to be a 1997 Holden Monaro for auction in the O.C. Not really sure how much it would go for here in the U.S. but I believe it's this weekend. I'll try and get more info tomorrow.

Comment

I would just like to say

Congradulations to Rhys, RMR, and all of his sponcers on the championship.

Comment

I have a quick question for Team RMR, while watching Formula D last week, Ryhs was standing infront of a Silver GTO, i was wondering, what is that cars purpouse? it looks a hell of a lot nicer than the yellow and slue one, so i just wanted to knwo about that.

Secondly, Congrats on the 05 FD championship!

Comment

Congrats our your season victory. I was just wondering how long Rhys is planning on stay with the GTO?

Comment

Working...
                                X