No announcement yet.

AE86 with a 1JZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's sick, it that seriously how fast that thing took off? That was bad, it seems fake how fast it took off leaving the other hachi in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickz
      HAHA I seen a Levin with a 2j in the Hashiriya dvd. Pretty nice hachi, it was drag car! It took about 4 years to complete! haha
      Last edited by SHIFT_KING; 01-14-2005, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Why hasnt anyone ever tried putting a boosted 3T or 2T in a Hachi? For those who dont know, the 2T/3T OHV engines are Hemi headed 1.6 or 1.8 litre 4 cyl. They use them ALOT in Puerto Rico to drag race the older RWD Toyotas. These engines are STOUT and there is a pretty good aftermarket (they also use these engines in beginer level sprint cars) and tons of turbo stuff.

There are also the 2T-GTE and 3T-GTE which are DOHC factory turbo motors.

Comment

Hmm... no one has mentioned that B series (actually ALL honda motors other than S2K F20C) spin counter clockwise. That means trying to mate them up to a hachi rear differential would give you 5-6 Reverse gears and 1 forward gear! Hahaha.

Sure, you can make a custom diff, ring and pinion set, or a new tranny... but at what cost?

Comment

just get a supercharged 4ag and bolt on an additional turbo
            then you'll have a twincharged(Supercharged & Turboed) 86

Comment

Hmm... no one has mentioned that B series (actually ALL honda motors other than S2K F20C) spin counter clockwise. That means trying to mate them up to a hachi rear differential would give you 5-6 Reverse gears and 1 forward gear! Hahaha.
              Thats why I called BS on the B16 hachi combo from the start. PG you are just a nicer guy than I am I guess. To me just telling these kids those kinds of things makes them get too big for their britches. They should go learn it for themselves like I (and probably you) did.

So kiddos what have we learned here today? The reason FWD honda motors havnt been stuffed into nearly every automobile on earth is that their crankshaft (and therefore driveshaft) spin the opposite dirrection of nearly every other engine out there.

Does anyone know if the new K series motors spin clockwise? They are oriented oposite the older engines in the engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
                Ima be the first to call BS on that one. Got any pics?
                I might have mistaked it for a S2000 motor, I just see red and HONDA VTEC I don't know much about identifying honda motors.
                Last edited by auto14; 01-13-2005, 08:56 PM.

Comment

how about a 5AGX kit from HKS with a turbo or hook it up to hi comp pistons for an N/A application!!!

Comment

Why hasnt anyone ever tried putting a boosted 3T or 2T in a Hachi? For those who dont know, the 2T/3T OHV engines are Hemi headed 1.6 or 1.8 litre 4 cyl. They use them ALOT in Puerto Rico to drag race the older RWD Toyotas. These engines are STOUT and there is a pretty good aftermarket (they also use these engines in beginer level sprint cars) and tons of turbo stuff.

There are also the 2T-GTE and 3T-GTE which are DOHC factory turbo motors.
                    I did it. but now moving on.

Comment

Does anyone know if the new K series motors spin clockwise? They are oriented oposite the older engines in the engine bay.
                      The K-series spin the 'proper' way rather than the Honda way, they seem to have realised it's a good idea to do it like everyone else does.

Comment

Working...
                      X