Should TRUCKS be allowed to drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
    do sports cars mean anything to you guys that said yes?
    LOL that made my day.

Well its not like the 240 is a sports car so why not.
    Last edited by NextBoost; 01-20-2005, 10:13 PM.

Comment

i really think that the xrunner is the one to try it with. toyota braced the frame, put in a six speed, lsd, and all the other stuff that makes a good drift car(truck in this case). and the balance issue is an easy fix, one of my friends had a chevy dually that he used to drag. what he did to get traction was simply put a .25 inch thick sheet of steel in the bed and bolted it down. you can adjust where it sits in the bed and everything.

Comment

do sports cars mean anything to you guys that said yes?

Hi, my name is you can drift things besides an s13, have we met?

i voted yes........

Comment

As long as it's the light weight mini trucks, I don't see a problem, but not freaking 1500s and F150s. that's just asking for trouble.

Comment

Well, there are truck converted Nissans that are in big team names like drift extreem like the skyline trucks or 240sx trucks.

Comment

yaa get one of those nissan old pickups wiht the ka24 in em and hook that ish upp. id love to take one of those nnissan hard bodys or wat ever they are called and drop an sr engine and tranny and driveline into it if thats possible. than hook that ish up

Comment

I agree with the mini truck idea. I wouldn't want to see a 6,000lbs + F-150 plow through the walls at a track. I say limit the size to no bigger than a Dakota. Why not throw a Watts link under the bed, like they did under Camaros in old school Trans-Am?
                Last edited by Appleseed; 01-21-2005, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                  Hi, my name is you can drift things besides an s13, have we met?

i voted yes........
                  yeah, like s14's, s15's, soarer's, supra's, skyline's, bmw's, miata's, chaser's, 350z's, rx7's/8s, cefiro's, mustangs, gto's, corvettes, vipers, CARS get it.

Comment

There is no question here that they should be used. A truck is basically the same as a car, just with a bed . You put em drift events they can server double duty, to haul tools or tires and to participate in events. Whoever voted no has never seen a truck drift. A truck is just a car with a bunch of roll and a bed! The way I see it, you got 4 wheels than you can drift.

Comment

were do you people get your info from. A truck is not a car with a bed, it's a truck. have you ever seen the suspension of a truck? nothing like a car. How about you get good with a basic cheap silvia, ae86, or rx7 before you "try to do something different". We already saw Kazama drift a tow truck. It was hella funny, leave it at that.

Comment

ever seen a car with these?
                        Attached Files

Comment

ever seen a car with these?
                          Since you asked, my camaro has those. They are called leaf springs.
                          Old technology, but it works. Just ask Smokey Yunick. Never hear of him?
                          That's ok. He's old.

Comment

were do you people get your info from. A truck is not a car with a bed, it's a truck. have you ever seen the suspension of a truck? nothing like a car. How about you get good with a basic cheap silvia, ae86, or rx7 before you "try to do something different". We already saw Kazama drift a tow truck. It was hella funny, leave it at that.

are you 12 or something? come on dude. truck = same as 70's muscle suspension , gas milage included speed not. also 3 link swaps similar to hatchi are extremely easy on most compact trucks. if your going to have a negative opinion, at least make it something besides an uninformed opinion.

Comment

I dont see why not. Sure the suspension is a different type but so what, it could still be modified to work. The only advantage I can think of is having a real frame. Alot of cars are uni-body, but not trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                                are you 12 or something? come on dude. truck = same as 70's muscle suspension , gas milage included speed not. also 3 link swaps similar to hatchi are extremely easy on most compact trucks. if your going to have a negative opinion, at least make it something besides an uninformed opinion.
                                I don't think his age has anything to do with this topic.

Personally I could care less if trucks drifted. Sh!t it looks ugly as hell, but they can get sideways and thats whats important. If you got a truck and want to drift it go for it.
                                Last edited by jaydm180sx; 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X