No announcement yet.

Should TRUCKS be allowed to drift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely, positively, 100% and with open arms and gratitude for all that they would/will bring to drifting SHOULD trucks BE ALLOWED to drift.

Need proof just go rent a Chevy 1500 from U-Haul (they're cheap - like $20/day w/ walkaway insurance - and tons of fun), even better if you can do it on a rainy day, and, well, do things that my attorneys advise me not to actually suggest, endorse or recommend...

Trucks account for the majority of vehicle sales in America, dominate the largest portion of the aftermarket, and nowadays, are bitchin'!

With trucks comes more competitors, more sponsors, more money and an appeal to many yet-untapped-by-drifting fanbases. No excuse for them not to be allowed!

Peter Stark
    MediaWide Marketing LLC
    stark@mediawidemarketing.com

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
      were do you people get your info from. A truck is not a car with a bed, it's a truck. have you ever seen the suspension of a truck? nothing like a car. How about you get good with a basic cheap silvia, ae86, or rx7 before you "try to do something different". We already saw Kazama drift a tow truck. It was hella funny, leave it at that.

the suspension on my '89 toyota 2wd truck looks pretty much the same as what's on my '78 rolla. the only real differance is the truck has torsien bars in the front vs. the rolla having struts. oh yeah, don't pop a vein or something, you sound like you're really straining!

Comment

Originally posted by jaydm180sx
        I don't think his age has anything to do with this topic. .

judging by his posts it seems as if he has no knowledge whatsoever of anyhting other than a s13. but if you wanan think trucks are the only things to ever have leafs on the rear by all means keep yourself uneducated.

Comment

you can attempt to make personal attacks but that does not change my opinion that trucks should not be allowed to compete in drifting events. Sure they should be allowed to practice as well as any fwd car, bike, trike that pays the fee for that mater, maybe in the future even competitions for a special class like fwd drift comp or truck drift comp or suv drift comp. But a truck tandem in a competition with a corolla, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
            judging by his posts it seems as if he has no knowledge whatsoever of anyhting other than a s13. but if you wanan think trucks are the only things to ever have leafs on the rear by all means keep yourself uneducated.

so leafs are a poor example to define a difference between a car an a truck, but for you to try to say they are basically the same thing is just incorrect.

Comment

but for you to try to say they are basically the same thing is just incorrect.
              so how exactly are they different - how would you describe the differences?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
                but for you to try to say they are basically the same thing is just incorrect.
                im calling you out on this. please tell me the difference in leaf designs on

1) a 1971 Camaro
                2) a 1971 Chevy truck
                3) a 197x corolla
                4) a 1979 corvette
                5) a 2000 Ford F-350
                6) a 1999 Chevy S-10

btw, one of those is a trick.

Comment

I'd love to see a SRT-10 truck tear it up, probably be cause my friend has one.

Trucks definitly should be allowed to drift competitions. Especially since trucks are a major part of America.

Comment

1) a 1971 Camaro
                    2) a 1971 Chevy truck
                    3) a 197x corolla
                    4) a 1979 corvette
                    5) a 2000 Ford F-350
                    6) a 1999 Chevy S-10

enough with the leaf designs, I already said that was a bad example, but a truck is not the same class of vehicle as a car. If your argument is that they are the samething, you have done a pisspoor job of proving it and edjucating me.

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans
                      already has been

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                      I dont see why not. Sure the suspension is a different type but so what, it could still be modified to work. The only advantage I can think of is having a real frame. Alot of cars are uni-body, but not trucks.

Comment

1) a 1971 Camaro
                        2) a 1971 Chevy truck
                        3) a 197x corolla
                        4) a 1979 corvette
                        5) a 2000 Ford F-350
                        6) a 1999 Chevy S-10

The 'vette is the trick one although it is leaf spring suspension its a transverse leaf. And yes trucks should be allowed, if a Viper and a Corolla can compete against each other then why not a truck.BTW my F350 with a chipped Powerstroke deisel (roughly 500hp) will drift and smoke the duals better than a stock 1/2 ton 'cause the 1ton suspension is hard as a rock.But the wheight distribution issue makes smooth drifts a little difficult, which is why I think that a 2WD S10 Blazer/ Jimmy or Ranger/Bronco II would be ideal for a drift truck plus if you are going to do an engine swap you could always set the engine back to improve wheight distribution(prob. get close to 50/50). And a watts link on the rear is an excellent idea and would work well.Plus you could Z the frame and channel the body to get it really low. Also the aftermarket is flooded with parts for these trucks making them cheap to mod.Aww crap now I've talked myself into another project.

Comment

I dunno, I dont think I really answered his question. I said the type of suspension is different, but thats all I said. Its great that you have an opinion, but if you want it to carry any weight you're gonna have to explain to everyone why. Why you think trucks are so different and why you think they should not be allowed to compete. Remember, IRS and Solid Rear cars have different types of suspensions, but they compete together.

Comment

not to be an A$$ or anything, but -

I dont see why not. Sure the suspension is a different type but so what, it could still be modified to work. The only advantage I can think of is having a real frame. Alot of cars are uni-body, but not trucks.
                            already has been
                            um, no. Trucks share the same suspension as many cars, and many cars have the same type of frame/unibody as trucks.

So, please tell me how trucks are different than cars, other than the body (bed) - how would you classify them as different?

Comment

I respect you guys opinion that trucks should be allowed to compete in drift competions, and I appreciate you guys that were able to edjucate me a little on truck suspension and its simularities to certain cars, without trying to make personal assumption, and attacks. (yeah, you Ris4drift)

I am aware that trucks can drift b/c one night when we were up at our mtn pass (I mean perfectly legal, safe, closed-off, sanctioned, legal drift practice) when a slamed truck passes by and revs at us when we were stopped at a gap (I mean pit area). A minute later he comes back around fast, drops a gear, kicks the rear and holds it into the first pin. We were like @#$% he's gonna fall off (I'm mean go off course and eat a cone) and ruin the night, but he keeps it on perfectly and we hear him link the next turn.

I've also seen some crx's do some incredible sh*t and I wouldn't mind seeing special classes for all of them in the future. If you were talking about allowing them in the drift practice I'd say hell yeah, but I took your question to mean for competions/ tandem/ points, my opinion is still no.

Thank you.

Comment

my opinion is still no.
                                why? What is your reasoning? That's what i'm trying to understand

Comment

Working...
                                X