ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Formula D premiere: This Sunday April 10th 10PM EST / 7PM PST (an invitation...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D premiere: This Sunday April 10th 10PM EST / 7PM PST (an invitation...)

Just a reminder that Formula D premieres tomorrow at 7PM pacific, 10PM eastern. The first show is a look back on 2004 from the perspective of the drivers and a panel which includes: Ryan Sage, Jarod DeAnda, and Moto.

It's really hard to recap a whole season into one half hour, but I think we did a good job of setting the scene for people new to Formula D and new to drifting. For the drivers, I think there won't be any big surprises, but you will get to hear what the other drivers have to say about you (not all of you unfortunately, we did have a time limit). I think the show is honest and fun and I don't think anything is cheesy or overhyped.

This is the first of 4 shows. The second show will focus on some of the drivers up close and in a more personal way. The third show is more of a how-to as 2 Formula D pros teach one of their friends how to drift. The fourth show will reveal some of the origins of drifting in Japan and where it has grown to today. Those 4 shows lead us into the 1st event special on Wall, NJ.

Of course, we made the show for the fans of the sport, and we hope to create a few new fans in return. Ideally people see the show and want to head out to the event nearest them. In any case, the show's Producer and I will both be reading this board and welcome your feedback. There will always be haters, but when people make good suggestions we always listen.

I really hope you watch and enjoy it.

Josh

what station is this going to be on

Comment

im really hoping that this ends up being something good, a show thats about the cars and the drivers, we dont need to see import models or huge-oh subwoofers. keep it simple with what we want to watch, however a very attracive female co-host is not a bad idea either .

Comment

Originally posted by drift matic
        what station is this going to be on
        hmm i wonder its only post by g4 tech tv...

Comment

it's on G4. Check your local listings for channel number on your line-up

Comment

g4 is the same as techtv right ?

Comment

Yes wayne, it is. G4 and Tech tv fused together to make g4techtv.
              however a very attracive female co-host is not a bad idea either .
              Didn't redline TV try that, didn't work to good. No offense but Courtney Day just didn't sound like she knew her stuff.

Comment

well, i just got done watching it and i was very suprised, i thought it would be all girls and show car type stuff. But it was very informative and i liked it. A big suprise, something that G4 got right. Look foward to seeing the other episodes.

And for those of you that missed it, i recorded it and plan on hosting it. After i figure out how to make it a resonable size.

Good job on the show G4

Comment

Yeah. They actually did a really good job this time around. They got input from relevant people--not magazine editors or movie producers. My only advice would be to make it more down-to-earth. It seems like they're trying to push this 'extreme' image a little. But other than that I liked it. Two thumbs up!
                  And as for street fury... Well, you know what they say. If you don't have anything nice to say....

Comment

it seemed like everyone liked Formula D..but what did you guys think of street fury?

Comment

Originally posted by iownju
                      And for those of you that missed it, i recorded it and plan on hosting it. After i figure out how to make it a resonable size.

Good job on the show G4
                      Thanks for the Kudos!

I cant stop you from re-hosting the show, but I'd really prefer if people watch the re-run. We'll re-run it enough to make sure everyone sees it, but it kind of kills it for me if people watch it on the internet and not on TV

Comment

Well, I dont have G4 so.....yea its cuz Im poor. So help the poor peeps ya know? HOST IT!!!

Comment

i liked it, the host did try to hype up the extreme factor a little too much, but i still liked it. street fury i did not enjoy, not one bit. but none-the-less thumbs up to g4tv for a good show.

Comment

I have COX cable and I don't get it.I even have the extended digital cable..!! Someone host it unless G4 is planning on sending a vhs tape to everyone!

Thank you,
                            Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by G4tv
                              Thanks for the Kudos!

I cant stop you from re-hosting the show, but I'd really prefer if people watch the re-run. We'll re-run it enough to make sure everyone sees it, but it kind of kills it for me if people watch it on the internet and not on TV
                              When are the reruns here in So Cal? Times and dates?

Comment

Working...
                              X